Using my face on their Website & I didn't give permission.

Drew87

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

New 

new to the internet?

No Mick, just nothing on the TV, time on my hands, normally I’d just pass on thread deviation and not give a dam but just wondered how 4 pages (to date)can evolve from so little info. Your right though I suppose it’s not the first and definitely wont be the last time. On second thoughts I’ve a bucket full of old saw chains I could go and sharpen just in case I might have a use for them in the future🤔

9 hours ago, dan blocker said:

No Mick, just nothing on the TV, time on my hands, normally I’d just pass on thread deviation and not give a dam but just wondered how 4 pages (to date)can evolve from so little info. Your right though I suppose it’s not the first and definitely wont be the last time. On second thoughts I’ve a bucket full of old saw chains I could go and sharpen just in case I might have a use for them in the future🤔

I think if the guy put pictures up and followed up a bit, the thread would have retained a bit of purpose after initial interest.

I suppose if he’s not that fussed, neither is anyone else.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 28/09/2022 at 13:17, GarethM said:

Sadly the English language now allows both these days, a lot of words have become accepted to be interchangeable.

Rise of the internet and American TV I guess.

I suspect the 'autocorrect' on most word-processing and publishing software is also a factor as most of it seems to be based on US spelling.  However hard I try MS-Word keeps using z instead of s....

34 minutes ago, waterbuoy said:

I suspect the 'autocorrect' on most word-processing and publishing software is also a factor as most of it seems to be based on US spelling.  However hard I try MS-Word keeps using z instead of s....

When I used to be more up to date with such matters it was possible to choose the dictionary on MS Word.  Under tools and options if I remember rightly.  Set it to British English.  I bet it is not so easy to control these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

When I used to be more up to date with such matters it was possible to choose the dictionary on MS Word.  Under tools and options if I remember rightly.  Set it to British English.  I bet it is not so easy to control these days.

Sadly the language is set to English (United Kingdom) but, being an american compny, MS appears to default to the American spelling if there is any possibility that it is acceptable in the UK - z vs s is one classic example, but it will correct color to colour.  It isn't just the word processors though - just about any device or software on which you can enter text does the same.

• Sad 1

For what it's worth, my understanding of things:

Pavement - the tarred (normally) bit next to a road you walk on as a pedestrian.

Footpath - a path through fields/woods/anywhere else which isn't beside a road.

Footway - antiquated term to describe either of the above.

Spelling things with z's - American, very annoying when children and young people do it, worth fighting the fight of the just over to preserve the use of the s.

Having your photo used without permission on someone else's website - very, very annoying but probably a minefield of legalities and way more hassle than it is worth to do anything about other than previously mentioned threats of physical violence.

Find a hacker to take his site down. Won't be a hard one to hack. Also, publicly post his email address on every dating web site and sign him up to as many junk mail web sites you can find. If you have his address then he will be flooded with junk mail for being such an unhelpful d*ck.

Edited by Gardenscape