My parents are victims of cowboy tree surgeons who are now blaming my mother.

rbx1453

From reading this thread it would seem that the Cherry Tree likes garden hopping...Could the chopped down Tree in your garden be the result of someone elses Tree`s suckers from a tree removed years ago .You need to inspect all neighbouring gardens for old stumps. Find the original Tree that caused this and blame those people.

2 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Late to the party I know.

1.  The tree was cut down correctly but I would say by people who didn’t appreciate that the tree would sucker.

2.  Simply cutting around the cambium and using glysophate, rock salt or something else would help to kill off the tree.

3.  Cutting down/poisoning the stump is no guarantee that the tree won’t sucker from the root system.  

4.  The tree surgeon should have informed the client of this.

5.  It isn’t your tree, never has been as you are a tenant.

6.  What you mother has or hasn’t done has nothing to do with the situation you are finding yourselves in.

7.  That picture showing the re growth in the neighbours garden - well that may have been a sucker but it has had some time to develop.

8.  The estate agents are clueless.

9.  The trees guys who removed the tree are full of shit to suggest that your mother had been watering it.

10.  The most worrying point to me in this whole thread is the number of people who think and have written that a Cherry tree won’t come back from being felled or won’t sucker from the root system.  Really???  

There is some sensible advice in this thread but you will have to search for it.

Agree with every single word. 

• Like 2

It depends what the tree surgeons were asked to do. It would appear they have simply been asked to remove the tree to ground level, which they have done. 

You seem to want to label them as cowboys because you think the stump should've been removed, but if the estate agents didn't ask for this then obviously it hasn't been done.

If you wanted to be pragmatic you could simply drill a few holes round the outside of the stump and put roundup in. Would be easier and less stressful than a protracted argument with the estate agent. Depends what you want from this.

• Like 2

Just on the evidence,  and not the 'who said what to who', I'd be inclined to come down on the side of the tree surgeon.  They seem to have got the tree down, taken it away,  take it they didn't do any damage? Cowboys tend to leave all the brash and destroy the fence. 

They might've even suggested to the letting agents removing the roots, but as that would probably double the price, the agents said no?

Edited by Con
  • Like 3

It seems to me, that anyone of us on here could be reading this thread and thinking,  hang on, that was my job.

And it ends up here because of a silly comment one of the crew has made, possibly a joke taken the wrong way, either without thinking or just because it was time to go home 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Con said:

It seems to me, that anyone of us on here could be reading this thread and thinking,  hang on, that was my job.

And it ends up here because of a silly comment one of the groudies has said, either without thinking or just because it was time to go home 

Grinding the stump out would not of guaranteed killing this tree. It would have to be poisoned first. A lot of trees will send up suckers from the roots even after the stump is ground out - ever tried grinding out all the roots? Even the smallest piece of root could have enough stored energy to sprout and with a good soil and moisture conditions grow.