Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

A different way to view the conflict.

Consider this..  Russia is advancing and taking more Ukrainian territory.

The West:  We need to send more arms to Ukraine and spend more money on the Military War Machine.

Ukrainian forces are almost at the point of defeating the Russians. 

The West:  We need to send more arms to Ukraine and spend more money on the Military War Machine to finally finish off the Russian advance.

All scenarios lead to tax dollars being spent from the Ukrainian supporting countries.  The Military war machine gets richer.

24 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Whilst they took lots of territory, it wasn't exactly a secret they planned to invade the UK and you know that whole final solution thing wasn't exactly palatable.

So it was about territory then? They took lots of territory and they wanted to invade and conquer Britain which is…..checks notes…territory as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

So it was about territory then? They took lots of territory and they wanted to invade and conquer Britain which is…..checks notes…territory as well.

Territory yes, but ethnic cleansing was probably the part of the thing that then put us at war.

Look at how France fell in days, many other countries practically before brunch.

You could argue they did resist but look at the how the french still hate us even after liberation. Spain and Italy just rubber stamped it as they were fascist leaders and just joined the big boy.

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Maybe your education in a neutral country forgot about that, what about the Bosnia ?

Mate, I'm well versed in the plight of the Jewish people over the last few thousand years. I was questioning your non-sensical ramblings about WW2 not being about territory. 

Go take a sip of coffee and think things through. 

Edit: ahh, wait, I've got it. In your eyes, it only became a proper world war after Britain joined in. Makes sense now. 

Edited by peds

Don’t forget the Russians started it with ze Germans … they where not the only ones who wanted more territory or the idealism spread … I genuinely think if the Russians had not lost the millions of men they did they would of carried on in Europe but as it was they got all of the eastern part.

41 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Territory yes, but ethnic cleansing was probably the part of the thing that then put us at war.

Look at how France fell in days, many other countries practically before brunch.

You could argue they did resist but look at the how the french still hate us even after liberation. Spain and Italy just rubber stamped it as they were fascist leaders and just joined the big boy.

The French don’t hate the British.

Thats my last word to you on this.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

The French don’t hate the British.

That's my last word to you on this.

Fine reword it if you like, the average Frenchman might not but everyone in the political class does.