Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

30 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I find it interesting how the anti vaxxers/covid skeptics whatever you want to call them, have jumped straight on the bandwagon on a pro Russia/anti defending Ukraine without missing a beat.

All I can think that they have clicked into a mindset where they automatically reject whatever they see on the news because they perceive it as what ‘the global elite’ want them to think, so they find a way to disbelieve or attribute it to mysterious forces.

They see themselves as the free thinkers whereas they’re trapped, looking and finding what they want to hear (even if it’s Fox News) and lapping it up.

The far right has an agenda, for some reason they are pro brexit, anti vax and now anti Russia. Their media outlets unfortunately reach far and wide and they have deep pockets, which allows their programming to seep into the lives of those with demonstrably right-of centre views. Targeted advertising is a very real thing and the Overton Window doesn't sit where it used to.
People are constantly being mugged off by their own computers. 

Edited by Mark J
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

The far right has an agenda, for some reason they are pro brexit, anti vax and now anti Russia. Their media outlets unfortunately reach far and wide and they have deep pockets, which allows their programming to seep into the lives of those with demonstrably right-of centre views.
People are constantly being mugged off by their own computers. 

So the left are pro-EU, pro-covid vaxx and Pro-Russia? 🤷‍♂️😳😆

Looks like you include yourself in getting mugged off by their own computers. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

So the left are pro-EU, pro-covid vaxx and Pro-Russia? 🤷‍♂️😳😆

Looks like you include yourself in getting mugged off by their own computers. 

Nope, that's not what I said.
You're making the bits up that don't suit your blinkered mindset.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

That can get a bit tiresome. I don't have time to spoon feed everyone! The point is don't write something off purely because you don't like the source which is what peds did....source being the news source, and probably more importantly the poster.

I'm not watching it again, but one thing that sticks out is yer man saying (paraphrasing) that "we should leave Russia to it and give them Ukraine because they've been talking about it for fifteen years."

If I'd have known it was that easy to stake a claim on something, I'd have started mentioning having a bit of bum fun with the wife as soon as I'd met her, the clock would be running out on that one by now.

Except... it doesn't work like that, does it? You can't just point at something that belongs to someone else and say "mine" again and again and again until people accept it... that's kind of... rude.

I don't know though, maybe I'm just an idealist.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark J said:

Nope, that's not what I said.
You're making the bits up that don't suit your blinkered mindset.

Making up the bits that don’t suit me? 🤣

You just make it up as you go along. It stands to reason that the left, the very polar opposite of the right will support the opposite of what you claim the right support. 

So in your own words the Right is Anti-Russian. In light of what Russia is doing in Ukraine do you somehow find the Anti-Russian stance wrong? Are you pro-Russian? 

You claim the Right is in the thrall of the Right Wing Media yet seem delusionaly  unaware that the exact thing is happening on the left. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peds said:

I'm not watching it again, but one thing that sticks out is yer man saying (paraphrasing) that "we should leave Russia to it and give them Ukraine because they've been talking about it for fifteen years."

If I'd have known it was that easy to stake a claim on something, I'd have started mentioning having a bit of bum fun with the wife as soon as I'd met her, the clock would be running out on that one by now.

Except... it doesn't work like that, does it? You can't just point at something that belongs to someone else and say "mine" again and again and again until people accept it... that's kind of... rude.

I don't know though, maybe I'm just an idiot.

Fixed your typo for you. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I find it interesting how the anti vaxxers/covid skeptics whatever you want to call them, have jumped straight on the bandwagon on a pro Russia/anti defending Ukraine without missing a beat.

All I can think that they have clicked into a mindset where they automatically reject whatever they see on the news because they perceive it as what ‘the global elite’ want them to think, so they find a way to disbelieve or attribute it to mysterious forces.

They see themselves as the free thinkers whereas they’re trapped, looking and finding what they want to hear (even if it’s Fox News) and lapping it up.

The same could be said for people with the polar opposite views.

The media have lied to us and twisted facts for years, and now we are suddenly supposed to believe everything they say?

Jimmy Saville wasn’t a nonce then and not one person in the BBC knew about him?

Apart from Jill Dando.

• Like 6

The "left" (whatever that means these days, but they self identify as such, so whatever) especially in America, hate Putin more than the right. The leftist media drummed the narrative for four years that Trump and Putin are co-conspirators. So it follows that "if" there is an appetite for escalation, it's coming mainly from the left...

Which is weird, on it's face, because Ukraine is a right wing country. Right wingers in Ukraine bullied the Donbass people, an ethnic minority. Russia supported them. But that's ok, normal prejudice has been suspended, so says the MSM. 

Facebook says it's temporarily lifting it's ban on praising Nazis, so users can praise Azov Battalion. This is not a joke.

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Bang on!!!

• Haha 2