Russia Invades ukraine

topchippyles

10 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Your opinion seems to be the polar opposite of Scotspine, correct? Unless you are an " Internationally respected voice of geopolitics" what makes you think that your opinion is any more valid than his? 

Are you wasting your day-job or since you're one foot in the grave already perhaps you view your opinions more highly than someone who has a day job because you have so much free time to do your own research and are almost an Internationally respected voice of geopolitics, in your own head of course. 

I've just crawled out of my coffin as apparently I'm nearly dead,  to reply to your usual poisonous diatribe. Where did you get the idea that I sit at home as I don't have a day job? I still work full time as you probably realise,  but you must have thought that I'd rear up and give you a bit of sport. I can't even be arsed to get annoyed, you really aren't worth it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, David Cropper said:

I've just crawled out of my coffin as apparently I'm nearly dead,  to reply to your usual poisonous diatribe. Where did you get the idea that I sit at home as I don't have a day job? I still work full time as you probably realise,  but you must have thought that I'd rear up and give you a bit of sport. I can't even be arsed to get annoyed, you really aren't worth it.

Well then, since you work full time why is your opinion any more valid than someone else’s since you’ve made it clear only those that are recognised experts in geo politics should be allowed to voice an opinion. 

I don’t care if you “rear up” or not. You like to shoot others down in flames so im

sure you can handle a rebuttal. 

Mick bit, that’s good enough for me. 

1 hour ago, JSN said:

Talking of propaganda - I thought this was interesting. 

Journalist and author Carole Cadwalladr has gone wildly viral on Twitter with this...

Interesting. I'm tempted to dismiss her hoo-ha as promo for counter-espionage cyber-crime funding. Any journalist who goes from the Telegraph to the Observer is obviously a campaigner. In essence she says there is a problem and she can tell us about it. Only she knows!

Why hasn't this Pulitzer winner written a piece in a formal publication or newspaper? Why no scoop?

The answer is lack of facts, hearsay and threats of libel. She's just joining a lot of circumstantial dots to sell copy:

Beware the Cult of Cadwalladr - Craig Murray

I heard The Private Eye used to good at this sort of thing. And yes I'm referring to "true believers" who love doubling down when a sceptic says so what.

Is it just me or has Putin put a lot of weight on.  His face looks very puffy and different.  People are saying that he is a different man mentally as well

Deranged is the word that I keep hearing.

I heard an interview on the wireless today, with some guy who's known him for years and years, an ex-colleague, politician or KGB officer or something. I was only half listening but one of the questions was "has he always been like this", (mentally unstable, unpredictable etc)? The answer was "no, he is evolving", rapidly corrected to "devolving", towards insanity.

Another question was something like;- well won't others within govnt or the system stop him going too far, with nuclear weapons for instance? "No, you don't understand, there is no-one else. He is the only one, everyone else in Russia does exactly as he says, or gets removed to prison or worse.

Lovely. Something for us all to look forward to.