Towing a trailer

Connagh

27 minutes ago, timberonabike said:

If you're keeping the 8', why not go bigger than 10'? Dont know your usage, but a 12' allows us to get a tractor and implement on which a 10' wouldn't.

16' does start to get a bit cumbersome behind our 130 if in tight places which is also why it's a twin rather than triple axle.

Very good point. If you are keeping the 8 for tight spaces then I'd go up to 14 minimum.

As others have said width is a bigger problem than length.

Also at 8ft depending the type of trailer it may only be single axle so easy to hand ball about in tight areas, when u step up to twin axles it becomes a lot harder.

Like others have said assuming ur trailers are a similar style not an awful lot of point in stepping up from an 8 to a 10 and keeping them both.

But it will all depend on the style of trailers and ur usage

I’m not going to be keeping the 8ft trailer it’s a tt2515 but I’ve brought the tt3017 for the extra 2ft regarding concrete posts and fencing materials the 12ft would have been to big for manoeuvring in my clients driveways or the roads there. It will be paint for chipping into carrying garden waste wind carrying some aggregate and fencing materials my 8ft was perfect but the 8ft posts were just over 8ft so had to leave tail gate open all the time whilst transporting to jobs 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Connagh said:

I’m not going to be keeping the 8ft trailer it’s a tt2515 but I’ve brought the tt3017 for the extra 2ft regarding concrete posts and fencing materials the 12ft would have been to big for manoeuvring in my clients driveways or the roads there. It will be paint for chipping into carrying garden waste wind carrying some aggregate and fencing materials my 8ft was perfect but the 8ft posts were just over 8ft so had to leave tail gate open all the time whilst transporting to jobs 

Sounds perfect for your setup- the hardest bit must have been getting hold of one at the moment!

Did you sell a kidney, or blow a dealer? 🤣

• Like 2

On 20/01/2022 at 18:33, william127 said:

So bloody true, our g106 eats left hand wheels and tyres as they're always in the gutters of country lanes!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️  

A gx105 is on the 'one day' shopping list as the actual trailer itself is brilliant 

As for the original post, 10ft is a lovely size to tow and use👍

Get the GH equivalent - the Ifor all-welded (as opposed to riveted) trailers are the dog’s danglies…

Hahaha not quite got the missus to do it instead…jokes. 😂 a company ordered a couple only needed one in the end so instead of cancelling it they sold it private saved £300 for the one I currently had in order which wasn’t coming until April and there could have been a further increase in price from now until then 

1 hour ago, Baldbloke said:

There’s certainly a skill set involved with getting my longest Ifor Williams trailer around my local McDonalds drive through behind my truck, however a 10’ one shouldn’t be an issueemoji1.png

Glad I'm not the only who has to contend with small drive throughs 😂

• Like 1