Husqvarna Dripping Oil

Oly1

Yes that is the early pump, the later pump may help to seal better, however most leakage is usually between the crankcase and pick up pipe, as much as you may not want to use instant gasket, it may be the only way to seal it, or just put up with it, a favourite line was always it’s a constant loss oil system, and there are many places for excess oil to get trapped and drip, once used the saw dust will dry it up, got to love the Swedes.

• Like 2

I used to store my saws hanging on the wall, a piece of string through the handle.  The leaking oil slowly filled the bar scabbard.

After a garage tidy and repositioning of tools to get much more storage I've now got saws hanging in the roof.  It's easy to find my 365, it's above the large oil stains on the floor. 😕

24 minutes ago, Oly1 said:

Well I've done this, plus put some between the hose and the casing as advised, filled the oil tank (not run it yet) but 6 hours later and all is still dry 🤞😬👏

Was just thinking that your name can nearly be rearranged to say Oily😁👍

apologies in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, scbk said:

Got a husky 357 that has leaked since new (11yrs). I did try the instant gasket once years ago but it never helped. Been using straight rapeseed oil for many years now, so atleast the oil stain aint so bad!

The oiler pickup has a moulded sort or O ring seal, slip a thin small O ring over it as an extra seal and use a little liquid gasket. If that doesn't do it, the oil pump may just be worn.....saw a 372 like that.

• Like 2