£15/hour

eggsarascal

3 hours ago, muttley9050 said:

If you had an elderly neighbour who needed support would you not help if you could? Working communally and looking out for your community is how things used to work. The newer I'm alright Jack mentality and not knowing your local community other than a cursory nod if you pass in the street is not my ideal and does nothing for many of the issues in todays society.

I’m assuming this post is directed at me and not rhetoric? 😁

I get that side of things. I also help people out where I can. Someone I’ve had dealings with before popped over the other day and since he’s lost his job he’s asking for some off-cuts for firewood. I’ve given him 3 cubes of seasoned logs instead. He can come take them whenever suits. But in my mind that’s entirely voluntary whereas it’s apart of your contract, or at least a part of what you described as a strict vetting process to be allowed to join your commune that you must do this. If you don’t do this then (and again I’ll assume) you’ll eventually be turfed out.

You’ve chosen this lifestyle but you cannot now chose to stop living a communist lifestyle otherwise you lose your room, or rooms. That to me feels like forced communism and that to me is all communism ever has been. 

You forgot to reply when I asked how many percent below market value you sold your house for. :) 

An American friend told me there were three settlements in the new world, of the very first settlers. They established themselves some days journey apart and each group of settlers adhered to a different social ethic. Kind of experiments in communal living, with no safety net. One group was firmly about private ownership, another owned everything in common, and I forget the third. Upshot was, the communists starved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I’m assuming this post is directed at me and not rhetoric? 😁

I get that side of things. I also help people out where I can. Someone I’ve had dealings with before popped over the other day and since he’s lost his job he’s asking for some off-cuts for firewood. I’ve given him 3 cubes of seasoned logs instead. He can come take them whenever suits. But in my mind that’s entirely voluntary whereas it’s apart of your contract, or at least a part of what you described as a strict vetting process to be allowed to join your commune that you must do this. If you don’t do this then (and again I’ll assume) you’ll eventually be turfed out.

You’ve chosen this lifestyle but you cannot now chose to stop living a communist lifestyle otherwise you lose your room, or rooms. That to me feels like forced communism and that to me is all communism ever has been. 

You forgot to reply when I asked how many percent below market value you sold your house for. :) 

Now you’re just being a prick. 

He’s in a giant house share, paying bugger all rent and mucking in with chores, as happens in a house share. Is your wife doing the washing up ‘forced labour? 🙄On top of that, he’s free to run his own business from there, and if he wants to buy a house to let, that’s cool too. 

I fail to see the communism. Is he forced at gun point to provide all his machinery for free? 

Just now, doobin said:

Now you’re just being a prick. 

He’s in a giant house share, paying bugger all rent and mucking in with chores, as happens in a house share. Is your wife doing the washing up ‘forced labour? 🙄On top of that, he’s free to run his own business from there, and if he wants to buy a house to let, that’s cool too. 

I fail to see the communism. Is he forced at gun point to provide all his machinery for free? 

He’s not in a giant house share. Have you even read the info on the website? 

I’m assuming this post is directed at me and not rhetoric? [emoji16]

You forgot to reply when I asked how many percent below market value you sold your house for. [emoji4] 
Communism and community living are two entirely different things. Not sure how you manage to confuse the two? Nothing about my life is communist.
I choose to live with other people to share costs, jobs, responsibilities etc. I can choose to buy a house whenever I like. To be honest, unless you want to live with your mum, there is no better place to be able to save money.
Yes other people benefit from my efforts. In exactly the same way I benefit from their efforts.
I agree that you are making grounds to retirement you may own more things than me by then, but me (or you) chopping logs now, growing veg now, cooking dinner now etc etc doesn't help you when you're old at all.
Again. I don't have a contract, nobody is counting hours, not sure who you think could turf me out( maybe Castro or Lenin?)
You have Strange outlook on what is voluntary and what is communist.
Why would I sell the house I bought at market value for less than market value?
Not into giving houses away. Not when I only have one.
  • Like 6

Muttley, I surmise the issue Andy and I remain perplexed about is how the hell the community so throughly vets and selects new members so that some, at least, do not develop lazier and lazier habits after a while, as some/most humans are wont to do, if other mugginsis will provide for their needs.

If it is all so voluntary.

Regards,

Marcus

N.B.

Having witness backsliding by apparently decent Agency staff, once they succeeded in getting a proper Council job. And even considering families and family members, with differing work ethos.

• Thanks 1

What if they get bitten by angry squirrels up mrs miggins apple tree and loose there ears  and ability to take orders from higher management .should they then be entitled to a longer lunch break from half hour to 45min or pay increase to £15 p.h or just be sacked 

• Haha 1

What if they get bitten by angry squirrels up mrs miggins apple tree and loose there ears  and ability to take orders from higher management .should they then be entitled to a longer lunch break from half hour to 45min or pay increase to £15 p.h or just be sacked 

Anyone who can’t handle squirrels is OUT!
End of.
[emoji106]

Muttley, I surmise the issue Andy and I remain perplexed about is how the hell the community so throughly vets and selects new members so that some, at least, do not develop lazier and lazier habits after a while, as some/most humans are wont to do, if other mugginsis will provide for their needs.
If it is all so voluntary.
Regards,
Marcus
N.B.
Having witness backsliding by apparently decent Agency staff, once they succeeded in getting a proper Council job. And even considering families and family members, with differing work ethos.
Because people choose to live here. It's not a job it's a lifestyle choice.