New woodland owners.

Magoo1311

5 hours ago, doobin said:

Best case scenario is that you can get them to accept some collateral damage. That's a skinny old pine, a good man and machine should be able to smash through them without too much damage.

You need to be looking for a forestry crew, not a tree surgeon. Whereabouts are you and how many trees are we talking? If a good quantity and the timber is sellable then this may be able to offset some of the costs.

5 hours ago, doobin said:

Best case scenario is that you can get them to accept some collateral damage. That's a skinny old pine, a good man and machine should be able to smash through them without too much damage.

You need to be looking for a forestry crew, not a tree surgeon. Whereabouts are you and how many trees are we talking? If a good quantity and the timber is sellable then this may be able to offset some of the costs.

He says he wants them sectioned down , isn't that " skinny old pine " a larch ?  I bet its 4ft dia at the bottom .

Edited by Stubby

15 minutes ago, Stubby said:

He says he wants them sectioned down , isn't that " skinny old pine " a larch ?  I bet its 4ft dia at the bottom .

...and the customer is always right.

I'm with @doobin though, the woodlands have been felling big trees amongst smaller ones forever and we'll see more of it if continuous cover forestry takes hold and of course it has been the case with coppice with standards anyway.

Woodland continued to exist in the face of clearance for agriculture because it provided an economic output, since timber prices have declined in real terms for best part of a century they have been bought up by various entities whose failure to realise it was harvesting of timber and other produce that conserved them and management by green welly booted graduate ecowarriors is destroying what they wanted to preserve.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

I'm with @doobin though, the woodlands have been felling big trees amongst smaller ones forever and we'll see more of it if continuous cover forestry takes hold and of course it has been the case with coppice with standards anyway.

Woodland continued to exist in the face of clearance for agriculture because it provided an economic output, since timber prices have declined in real terms for best part of a century they have been bought up by various entities whose failure to realise it was harvesting of timber and other produce that conserved them and management by green welly booted graduate ecowarriors is destroying what they wanted to preserve.

Yea I'm sure I could drop it through a gap but he said he wants them sectioned and left 7ft  high stumps ( don't tell TCD )  .

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

Spot on. They want theme parks now. Where the rosey cheeked children of their subscribers can run free on a Sunday morning. 

After driving there and parking in the new car park! 

• Like 1