Customers asking to pay cash to avoid VAT.

benedmonds

One of my answers can be along the lines of:

”If I work for cash then we don’t exist, therefore neither does our insurance, anyway about this tree over your roof/greenhouse/conservatory you worried about” 

That normally kills the cash conversion.

• Like 2

Living in a near cashless society, where its pretty common for stores not to accept cash, i normally joke it off saying its nigh on impossible to use cash these days, so no thanks :) most laugh and agree and no ones offended.

Theres also Swish - a real time smart phone based money transaction system, to which my response is i dont have it (true) and if i did it'd be a pretty obvious paper trail, so again, sorry, no thanks 

3 hours ago, Will C said:

One of my answers can be along the lines of:

”If I work for cash then we don’t exist, therefore neither does our insurance, anyway about this tree over your roof/greenhouse/conservatory you worried about” 

That normally kills the cash conversion.

thats bollox.

Nothing wrong with cash apart from the hassle of paying it into the bank.

• Like 3

Nowt wrong with pound notes inc the vat, but paying cash to avoid the vat is a different thing and if a job doesn’t exist nor do the just in case perks of having a professional team do the job. IMO it’s part of the race to the bottom problem we face as a industry 

26 minutes ago, donnk said:

thats bollox.

Nothing wrong with cash apart from the hassle of paying it into the bank.

Edited by Will C
  • Like 4

Cash is verging on a liability these days.

Through the books the bank charge you to pay it in, most suppliers are accounts or online so the only place to get rid of it is fuel and there is only so much fuel a set of battery saws burn. 🤣

undeclared cash you can’t spend as between track and trace, mobile fones and store points cards there is almost always a record of what you spent where so it could bite you very easily come tax inspection time🤯

• Like 1

I got paid in cash this morning out of generosity. They wanted me not to have to pay tax on it, however they forgot about the dozen email trail of communication, the application for treework in a conservation area, a few phone calls and payroll. I just said thanks with a smile 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3