Funny grooves

gobbypunk

Hi Andy I am sorry but I do have the basic machanical skills our colleague at our yard is a HGV mechanic so yeah we have the skills and I was not asking somebody to do it for me I was asking our arbtalk comunity if somebody was up for helping me ,I help people all the time ,no I am not a sawmill engineer ,would it not do your head in if you had just spent 4 grand on anything and you were having issues with it ,I would not expect help for nothing but a grand ,where is my after sales care .I know its been an issue for a while but how do you think I feel I just want to be milling timber

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skc101fc said:

Hey mark, here's one to try. The grooves look like a resonance is building in the frame of the saw, (assuming your tracks are mounted securely and evenly over their whole length). Try slackening off all frame mounting bolts - the same ones you tightened when building the saw, then push it up and down the rails a few times, shaking and twisting the frame as much as you can frequently. Then retighten everything. Doing this should ensure that all track rollers and frame posts carry the weight evenly with no single roller being even imperceptibly lighter than any other,and no cross frame twists or tensions being present . Do this with no tension on the blade. Worked for my hm126, as did finding the sweet spot of forward speed , and slightly overtensioning blade.
Shaun

I kinda touched on that a while back .

Hi Andy I am sorry but I do have the basic machanical skills our colleague at our yard is a HGV mechanic so yeah we have the skills and I was not asking somebody to do it for me I was asking our arbtalk comunity if somebody was up for helping me ,I help people all the time ,no I am not a sawmill engineer ,would it not do your head in if you had just spent 4 grand on anything and you were having issues with it ,I would not expect help for nothing but a grand ,where is my after sales care .I know its been an issue for a while but how do you think I feel I just want to be milling timber

It’s really not a difficult piece of equipment to set up. I had wavey cutting issues with my mill when I first got it and went through everything repeatedly. Turns out it was just crappy Blades. As soon as I went to Rippers problem solved.

Every issue you’ve had to date has been user error. You don’t need to be an “engineer” to set up an over-sized mechano set-up. Just the ability to follow simple instructions and interpret when logical upgrades or improvements would help when you buy such a cheap Mill.

If you “just want to be milling timber” then I don’t really see any other options left to you than offer to pay someone’s time to do the job for you. Personally it would not be worth my time for less than £1000. Some guys might be less, but since you’ve asked repeatedly for someone to come free of charge and had no takers perhaps an incentive is your next step if you and your HGV mechanic still can’t figure it out.

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

It’s really not a difficult piece of equipment to set up. I had wavey cutting issues with my mill when I first got it and went through everything repeatedly. Turns out it was just crappy Blades. As soon as I went to Rippers problem solved.

Every issue you’ve had to date has been user error. You don’t need to be an “engineer” to set up an over-sized mechano set-up. Just the ability to follow simple instructions and interpret when logical upgrades or improvements would help when you buy such a cheap Mill.

If you “just want to be milling timber” then I don’t really see any other options left to you than offer to pay someone’s time to do the job for you. Personally it would not be worth my time for less than £1000. Some guys might be less, but since you’ve asked repeatedly for someone to come free of charge and had no takers perhaps an incentive is your next step if you and your HGV mechanic still can’t figure it out.

Cheap mill Andy 😳😳😳how very dare you. Mill snobbery eh 😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Have you fitted the upgraded bushes on the posts ?? 

Cheap mill Andy [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]how very dare you. Mill snobbery eh [emoji2]

£4K is cheap for a mill that cuts 30” wide slabs. It’s half the cost of the next mill that does the same job. Corners have to be cut and it’s not rocket science to think you need to add Nylock nuts or attempt to add more torque to a band etc etc etc

Look sorry Andy as I have said many times what am I missing and obviously if one of our kind hearted Arbtalkers had the time to come and help me of course I would give them what ever I could I have been asking what am I missing ,I have always said its a learning curve and thats why I have always loved arbtalk as most people are always willing to share knowledge and so what if I am new to band mills I am more than up for learning what is so wrong with that if you are so certain its user error why not come and put it easily right and I will gladly eat a big plate of humble pie .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Look sorry Andy as I have said many times what am I missing and obviously if one of our kind hearted Arbtalkers had the time to come and help me of course I would give them what ever I could I have been asking what am I missing ,I have always said its a learning curve and thats why I have always loved arbtalk as most people are always willing to share knowledge and so what if I am new to band mills I am more than up for learning what is so wrong with that if you are so certain its user error why not come and put it easily right and I will gladly eat a big plate of humble pie .

If i was closer i would help no problem mark.Did you ever get the 24" thicknesser fixed as maybe could run the milled timber though that for now.