The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry not much to add. But I got bored and ripped apart the trailer from on my crytec chipper and bolted it to one of our tracked loaders. Makes it easier for getting around the yard and I'm forced to put the whole lot on a larger trailer, as the chipper was apparently road legal. It could easily bounce higher than I can jump! 

Surprised by how much fits through this chipper and now it will get even closer on jobs, if we ever actually use it.

IMG_20230412_164010_670.jpg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, frogworlduk said:

Sorry not much to add. But I got bored and ripped apart the trailer from on my crytec chipper and bolted it to one of our tracked loaders. Makes it easier for getting around the yard and I'm forced to put the whole lot on a larger trailer, as the chipper was apparently road legal. It could easily bounce higher than I can jump! 

Surprised by how much fits through this chipper and now it will get even closer on jobs, if we ever actually use it.

Looks useful 👍👍

14 hours ago, frogworlduk said:

You should be able to tilt the bed to a certain extent to lower the feed hopper.

9 minutes ago, Treelarta said:

Recently purchased a Jo Beau M500, wondering where to purchase the blades from? 

Welcome to the club!

I recommend these chaps, they can source from JoBeau if not stock. Personally I go genuine for blades, the alternative aftermarket from Rotatech aren't much cheaper if at all.

https://www.globalmachinerysolutions.co.uk/our-shop/

11 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Welcome to the club!

I recommend these chaps, they can source from JoBeau if not stock. Personally I go genuine for blades, the alternative aftermarket from Rotatech aren't much cheaper if at all.

https://www.globalmachinerysolutions.co.uk/our-shop/

👍 Cheers! Nice one. 
ill drop them a message and get some ordered

13 minutes ago, Treelarta said:

👍 Cheers! Nice one. 
ill drop them a message and get some ordered

I always have some spare bolts in too, they have a special low profile head.

I've got a 17mm impact socket for these which is ground flat on the front. Other tip from the chap I bought mine from is torque blade bolts carefully, he didn't have a torque wrench the first time he did his, the bolts came undone and smashed up the blades.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I always have some spare bolts in too, they have a special low profile head.

I've got a 17mm impact socket for these which is ground flat on the front. Other tip from the chap I bought mine from is torque blade bolts carefully, he didn't have a torque wrench the first time he did his, the bolts came undone and smashed up the blades.

Cheers for info, ill order bolts through Global Machinery at same time as blades. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've started reading through this epic thread but have only got to page 67 so far, so sorry if this question has been asked before...

How do the cs100 and m250/300 compare for disassembly and reassembly?

I'm thinking if I have a wee chipper it would be good to have one that you can take apart and put back together reasonably easily so as to be able to take it places with tricky to no access for even a small chipper. I'm also leaning towards a cs100 as I'd like in the future to be able to tow it behind a small tipper and be able to shoot straight into the back.

To begun with though I'll likely have a small panel van like a berlingo or kangoo, which I believe will fit an m300 (as in @Spoonz set up) but if I wanted to get a Cs100 in a kangoo I'm assuming the hopper and spout would need to come off. I'm definitely not expecting daily use and therefore reassembly and disassembly, either that would get really annoying or you'd get really quick at it (or both).