Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

9 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I'll have another go at this, working back to front.

Lots of the virus debt is 100% covered by government money atm

Of course it's all conflicting look who's in charge (I shouldn't need to add this...Not Tory bashing) If you and I sat round a table all night drinking beer we would talk more sense (proven).

I think that's your second paragraph covered.

I daren't give you my idea of what should change in your first paragraph incase trigg pops by.

My point was genuinely non partisan Egger.

It doesn’t matter (in this regard) who’s in office - they all subscribe to broadly similar principles of consume, expand, tax to fund the economic cycle. It’s just the levels and allocations of spending from tax income that slightly differs. 

It’s the engine that’s broke, whoever is in office are just the mechanics tinkering with the settings and levels and (in the macro macro sense) are pretty irrelevant. 

The ENGINE needs changing - then maybe the mechanics can adjust their working practices as they start to learn their trade. 

Tory / Labour / Lib Dum - all using the same knackered toolkit to tinker with a out dated and unsustainable power plant. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's my opinion that the UK governments response to covid-19 has been a series of ill considered overreactions. By applying 'idiot proof' blanket policies to the entirety of the UK population all they've served to do is make most people feel like they are being treated like idiots. Most goodwill towards compliance with government guidelines is gone, in part courtesy of Cummings' Durham excursion and Barnard Castle Eye test. 

I really feel that lockdown needed to be better targetted to protect the vulnerable, and to allow those for whom covid-19 presents little risk the freedom to continue on as normal.

If it were me, I would have done it like this (prefacing what's written below with the obvious point that I'm not a virologist and honestly, I don't know what I'm talking about!  ? ):

Four categories: low, medium, high and very high risk.

Low risk: Anyone under the age of 50 with no underlying health conditions. No smokers, no obese people etc.

Medium risk: People 50-70 with no underlying health conditions. People under 50 with minor comorbidities or who are obese or smoke.

High risk: People over 70 regardless of health. People under 70 with severe comorbidities. Anyone working with people in the high and very high risk groups (care providers etc)

Very high risk: People over 70 with severe health conditions. 

With these classifications, very high risk would shield. They would have been better protected than they were (care home settings for one). High risk would have acted as most of us have through lockdown. Medium risk would have had more freedom to continue on as normal and low risk would have been largely unrestricted (unless in direct contact with higher risk groups) so as to keep the country running. 

The economic rammifications of the lockdown will last longer and will be more far reaching than covid 19. I look to Sweden as an example of how I feel it ought to have been done. They are not seeing a second wave. That being said, I feel that their population is inherently more sensible than the British public and are better suited to following nuanced guidelines.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Stubby said:

See that's the problem with this virus , its symptoms and effects can vary  so much from person to person . The guy who has it but doesn't know he has it because he is not ill can give it to someone else who might die and and anything in between .  You say you don't know any one who has died from it . Are you suggesting no one has ?

No not at all, same as I don’t know anyone in person whom has died from Flu etc, yes it happens but its part of life. My point is that the reaction to it has been out of all proportion to its severity from day one. Many time’s it had seemed like an exercise in pure stupidity by the so called governments concerned. Or more cynically an attempt to see how far things can actually be pushed no matter how draconian they are in the name of public health. The point you made about might die is correct, I might die tomorrow of a multitude of things many of which I may have contributed to myself. Diet, Drinking, smoking if I did which I don’t, excessive promiscuous sexual activity I wish I did but I don’t or just by pure accident. The point is you simply cannot go on as we are based upon it might happen and maybes the second wave will come. I said in several previous posts and as for example the current situation in Belarus ?? shows power is very hard to give up once acquired. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Probably won't need the space but will be in contract to pay for it?

Guy I did a bit of work for some years ago has moved from shopfitting to commercial-to-residential conversions.  He's making a fortune.  Good on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nepia said:

Guy I did a bit of work for some years ago has moved from shopfitting to commercial-to-residential conversions.  He's making a fortune.  Good on him.

Two huge offices near Stonebridge - empty fr years ( and I do mean big ! ) now getting converted . Developers focused on brownfield sites near Rail stations fr City communters - now no one is using trains ....... Hmmmm . K

Actually , for once , fulfilling the recommendations on builders carbon footprint , rework old structures is enviromentally better thaan new builds - It took them two weeks to scaffold , then in with the diamond concrete saws n new windows - 3 months - bet its finished by Christmas - Unlike Grenfell      :/   

Edited by Khriss
  • Like 1

Hilareous 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A video of a health worker who questioned the existence of Covid-19 went viral in conspiracy communities.

K

( got to be fifty shades of fuccying stupid darling - good luck on the jobhunt )

Edited by Khriss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Two huge offices near Stonebridge - empty fr years ( and I do mean big ! ) now getting converted . Developers focused on brownfield sites near Rail stations fr City communters - now no one is using trains ....... Hmmmm . K

Brilliant innit, 'we've' proved nothing more than people don't need to be out n about so much.

13 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Hilareous 

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A video of a health worker who questioned the existence of Covid-19 went viral in conspiracy communities.

K

( got to be fifty shades of fuccying stupid darling - good luck on the jobhunt )

She is hot - a low top would have been better