Covid 19 inconsistencies

Acerforestry

21 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

4 people earning £25k a year pay the same tax if not more than 1 person earning £100k a year.

Even a simple search shows how far out you are here. :) 

Someone on £100k pays £33,461 in tax and NI. 

Someone on £25k pays  £4,462 in tax and NI

Now, I suspect maths is not one of your strong suits but even you can see 4 x 4,462 does not add up to 33,461. :) 

You'd need 7.5 £25k earners just to pay the same tax as a £100k earner. Not to mention all the perks and benefits a £25k earner gets on top of their meager earnings. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Even a simple search shows how far out you are here. :) 

Someone on £100k pays £33,461 in tax and NI. 

Someone on £25k pays  £4,462 in tax and NI

Now, I suspect maths is not one of your strong suits but even you can see 4 x 4,462 does not add up to 33,461. :) 

You missed out personal allowance, my brother paid people £100k+ a year, he's a chartered accountant. When you understand how it works come back to me.

8 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

You missed out personal allowance, my brother paid people £100k+ a year, he's a chartered accountant. When you understand how it works come back to me.

I understand how it works. I get my taxes prepped for me each year and Im talked through them. Those figures include the personal allowance. 

So as I say, trickle down is alive and well. :) 

Edited by trigger_andy

Just now, Mark J said:

If the likes of Starbucks and Google paid their fair share of tax, we'd be in a better position to ride out the storm.

How would that help the folk working in Starbucks if no one is shopping in Starbucks?

But I agree, these leeches should be paying their far share in tax. Off-shore accounts should be banned.  But if you make Starbucks pay a fair tax and then their earnings drop could they recoup the losses through increasing the cost of an already inflated coffee? Not these days. So if the profits are marginalized and they pull out of the UK for better margins in emerging markets where do all the workers in the whole chain get a job? Yay, Labour and communism. Its a broken dream. 

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

The Government have realised that instilling fear in people as really fecked up, companies and their staff have realised that people don't need to get on public transport every morning, grab a Costa and a newspaper on the way to the office. Lots of people can work from home and inadvertently kill the rest of the economy so they are trying to fool people back to work, do the thick feckers think people haven't been working as productively from home?, before long companies will realise they don't need big offices in town because their staff don't need to be there to do their job so, to try to get people out again they are telling people to wear a face covering and get back out spending.

It’s f”cking bonkers Egger!  But maybe the beginning of the end of the ridiculous Ponzi scheme of spend and tax, earn and tax which is capitalism and consumerism. 

T’other day there were concurrent news stories on wireless about government needing to ‘encourage’ punters back to the high street to spend money (they haven’t got on shite they don’t need) to ‘reinvigorate’ the economy,  Immediately followed by a feature on burgeoning personal debt!

I was genuinely dumbfounded!

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

How would that help the folk working in Starbucks if no one is shopping in Starbucks?

But I agree, these leeches should be paying their far share in tax. Off-shore accounts should be banned.  But if you make Starbucks pay a fair tax and then their earnings drop could they recoup the losses through increasing the cost of an already inflated coffee? Not these days. So if the profits are marginalized and they pull out of the UK for better margins in emerging markets where do all the workers in the whole chain get a job? Yay, Labour and communism. Its a broken dream. 

What about google?

They've done really well from everyone being at home on the net.

A few posts ago you wrote that "Its hilarious. I love it though, it exposes this failed pinko commie system we have for what it is.  "

Do you think that Labour is in charge of this country or has been for best part of a decade?

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s f”cking bonkers Egger!  But maybe the beginning of the end of the ridiculous Ponzi scheme of spend and tax, earn and tax which is capitalism and consumerism. 

T’other day there were concurrent news stories on wireless about government needing to ‘encourage’ punters back to the high street to spend money (they haven’t got on shite they don’t need) to ‘reinvigorate’ the economy,  Immediately followed by a feature on burgeoning personal debt!

The gov are running a campaign to discourage fatness, while giving people money off McDonalds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The thing is some folk seem to think it's a pisser because it suits their political agenda, some times I think these people are quite level headed and reasonable, other times I'm sure I could see Cornwall from Suffolk via Scotland through their ears.