Face coverings

gary112

2 hours ago, Mesterh said:

That's old news, things have changed a lot since then. The CDC and WHO amongst many others recommend wearing face coverings, surely they know best? 

Yes the article was from April and given the pace and gravity of 'hot news' topics over the past 12-24 months, 3 months could be described as ancient history in headline terms.

So a lot can change in 3 months....

Politics, headlines, emotions, trends, beliefs....

But not science.  The findings of the scientists that were reported in April, based upon the research stated in the article, all still stands true.  It must do otherwise it was bullocks to start with (possible I guess.)

What has changed in the 3 months since April is the political desire to redefine the interpretation of pre-existing peer reviewed science so that it marries up with current political doctrine.

This is self evident from the increasing chasm between scientists and politicians.

Referring to WHO / CDC is all very well, but without a reference it is little more than MSM hype.   The actual WHO guidance from 5 Jun (latest) is attached below - hardly a glowing reference for face coverings huh...

Here is WHO latest guidance:

WHO-2019-nCov-IPC_Masks-2020.4-eng.pdf?s

Whether or not masks are used, compliance with hand hygiene, physical distancing and other infection prevention and control (IPC) measures are critical to prevent human-to- human transmission of COVID-19.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 11.28.32.png

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy_B said:

What? Paid medical professionals know more about medicine that a load of tree cutters? Surely not.

"And now the Director of the World Health Organisation is going to pass the microphone over to Big Jim Hickory once he puts his chainsaw down, so he can give us his years of medical wisdom"

This irony is, you lot jumped on a bloke on here for doing decorating as another part of his job but I never knew you were all medical advisors....

Read from page 6 and then see if you have a valid argument with the WHO:

WHO-2019-nCov-IPC_Masks-2020.4-eng.pdf?s

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Yeah must be the case eh. ?

Well yes!

I think it's best to take advice from the majority of professional experts rather than just someone who has no expertise in the relevant field and just decided that they know what's best. 

I'm not sure how that can be reasonably argued against tbh.

13 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Well yes!

I think it's best to take advice from the majority of professional experts rather than just someone who has no expertise in the relevant field and just decided that they know what's best. 

I'm not sure how that can be reasonably argued against tbh.

Where are you getting your advice from then?

49 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

To be fair Tentsmuir carpark is rammed any day of the year at the first glimmer of sun. I swear since they enlarged the carpark it’s gotten waaaay busier too. And the person controlling the flow of traffic being haphazard is pretty much normal. Paying £2 for parking was the last straw for me ?

It's been a couple of years since I was last there (on account of being in Devon), so I was unaware of the changes. 

It's a public forest. The Commission has a duty to provide access and if the public is enthusiastic (in their numbers) to visit, accommodation ought to be made. It's 50 square miles (32k acres) and it's a great place to enjoy being outside, get some exercise and socially distance :D

8 minutes ago, Big J said:

It's been a couple of years since I was last there (on account of being in Devon), so I was unaware of the changes. 

It's a public forest. The Commission has a duty to provide access and if the public is enthusiastic (in their numbers) to visit, accommodation ought to be made. It's 50 square miles (32k acres) and it's a great place to enjoy being outside, get some exercise and socially distance :D

But there is somebody in a hi-viz telling you you you can’t use / access a public asset because they have implemented their interpretation of current “guidelines”

They must be better qualified / entitled / empowered than you are to take due care of your family....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

But there is somebody in a hi-viz telling you you you can’t use / access a public asset because they have implemented their interpretation of current “guidelines”

They must be better qualified / entitled / empowered than you are to take due care of your family....

Only if they have a clipboard and a pair of gloves.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It was the contrast between the centre of St Andrews, which was very busy, and the relatively quiet nature of a forest walk that got my goat.

Anyway, we found a better carpark, hardly saw a soul and the kids climbed trees. It was a nice afternoon :D

• Like 3