Face coverings

gary112

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yes the article was from April and given the pace and gravity of 'hot news' topics over the past 12-24 months, 3 months could be described as ancient history in headline terms.

So a lot can change in 3 months....

Politics, headlines, emotions, trends, beliefs....

But not science.  The findings of the scientists that were reported in April, based upon the research stated in the article, all still stands true.  It must do otherwise it was bullocks to start with (possible I guess.)

What has changed in the 3 months since April is the political desire to redefine the interpretation of pre-existing peer reviewed science so that it marries up with current political doctrine.

This is self evident from the increasing chasm between scientists and politicians.

Referring to WHO / CDC is all very well, but without a reference it is little more than MSM hype.   The actual WHO guidance from 5 Jun (latest) is attached below - hardly a glowing reference for face coverings huh...

Here is WHO latest guidance:

WHO-2019-nCov-IPC_Masks-2020.4-eng.pdf?s

Whether or not masks are used, compliance with hand hygiene, physical distancing and other infection prevention and control (IPC) measures are critical to prevent human-to- human transmission of COVID-19.

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 11.28.32.png

You mentioned something about links before you edited your post.

WWW.CDC.GOV

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus)...

There have been medical experts who said we should have had face coverings from the start but the lack of ppe soon put a stop to those suggestions. 

Depends what you read and who you believe, there will always be arguments for and against. Look what happened in regards to measels due to ant-vaxx believers. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

You mentioned something about links before you edited your post.

WWW.CDC.GOV

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus)...

There have been medical experts who said we should have had face coverings from the start but the lack of ppe soon put a stop to those suggestions. 

Depends what you read and who you believe, there will always be arguments for and against. Look what happened in regards to measels due to ant-vaxx believers. 

The edit was to include the screenshot extract of the WHO guidance. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have any issue with someone exercising their personal judgement and wearing a covering if that’s what they want to do. 

It’s the sanctimonious BS from those that need to be TOLD what to do, and then think they can project their own insecurities onto those that don’t feel the need to be told what to do that grips me. 

It’ll be like clap for the NHS volume / enthusiasm shaming come 24th...

”...you’re not wearing a mask - you bastard!...” 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The new sign of being a complete dickhead will be those that are wearing a covering but not wearing it properly (Top of the head, tucked under chin etc) - just to prove how gullible, stupid and malleable they actually are....

I certainly wont disagree with that. There is enough information out there to show how to wear them properly, although you would think common sense would prevail in actually using it to cover their mouth and nose.

So I get a phone call at work today, from a client from last year. She's 81, just flew in from the States. Quarantineing for a couple if weeks. Before she flew over, she tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies and SARS antibodies. No symptoms of either. Never felt unwell and feels fine now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The edit was to include the screenshot extract of the WHO guidance. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have any issue with someone exercising their personal judgement and wearing a covering if that’s what they want to do. 

It’s the sanctimonious BS from those that need to be TOLD what to do, and then think they can project their own insecurities onto those that don’t feel the need to be told what to do that grips me. 

It’ll be like clap for the NHS volume / enthusiasm shaming come 24th...

”...you’re not wearing a mask - you bastard!...” 

Surely that also works the other way round too, BS protests from people calling others sheep and idiots for conforming to current advice. Saying they lack intelligence because they listen to experts rather than make their own mind up. I dont run a medical research laboratory, how else am I supposed to 'decide' if wearing a mask has benefits or not if I dont listen to those that do the research. 

Anyway, each to their own. I'll be wearing a mask where required, if people think I'm an idiotic sheep for doing so then so be it, not all of us have Supergran powers like the above :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Surely that also works the other way round too, BS protests from people calling others sheep and idiots for conforming to current advice. Saying they lack intelligence because they listen to experts rather than make their own mind up. I dont run a medical research laboratory, how else am I supposed to 'decide' if wearing a mask has benefits or not if I dont listen to those that do the research. 

Anyway, each to their own. I'll be wearing a mask where required, if people think I'm an idiotic sheep for doing so then so be it, not all of us have Supergran powers like the above :)

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Actually you will find, and statistics prove it that far more react as she did than go the other way by a huge margin. Only difference is that it’s not given the hysterical air time that the other numbers are, I do think looking at a lot more of what scientists and news outlets are now being prepared to put out that this ludicrous over reaction and distortion of facts is going to seen for what it is in the not too distant future.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I'll just put this here in case you didn't see it the first time:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

going to seen for what it is in the not too distant future.

Call me a conspiracist  if you like, but to me the general public have never been so feckin clueless...It's lowest common denominator everything these days, it's not really debatable how this scenario plays out as it's been repeated throughout history and forgotten....cause divisions in society and while they're all arguing the toss.. the real plan goes on in the background.

To me it's a long play game that's only become possible with the advent of IT. 

Before the corrupt could only dream of this kind of influence and power,  but nowadays ?? !!!

So to me,  possibly.....  Phase 1, the credit crunch, financial instability...

Phase 2, fear, test to see how much / far folk will accept being pushed / herded..

Phase 3,  anyone got any ideas ?

Ok, I'll start, what about 1984 forty years late, that's gonna be one of the ' benefits ' of 5G,  or what about if anyone who won't take a vaccine has to sow a yellow star on their jacket........But none of that really matters as long as you can download netflix faster ?

I'll take the normality of 1972 over this shite anyday.

Edited by Macpherson
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Macpherson said:

So to me,  possibly.....  Phase 1, the credit crunch, financial instability...

Phase 2, fear, test to see how much / far folk will accept being pushed / herded..

Phase 3,  anyone got any ideas ?

I posted something similar earlier. 

Phase 1, Problem. Create a problem.

Phase 2, Reaction. The sheep go ballistic, are cowed and scared then demand something be done.

Phase 3, Solution. A solution that suits the agenda, whatever that may be. 

• Like 2