Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

Dominic Cummings statement did not make sense.
1. He felt it was not safe to stay where he was for himself or family.
This means that
He is a top government adviser but has no security
He can not ask the government for security
He can not ask police for help
He can not afford to employ private security.
Or he chose to do non of the above.

2. He and his wife were ill with possible covid symptoms but did not get a test for covid for him self or his wife. He was not on the test list but might be next week.
This means that
The government do not automatically provide tests for top government advisers who will be coming in contact with the prime minister and other top ministers.
The government can not provide priority testing if requested to top government advisers.
He could not privately arrange for a test
Or he chose not to get a test.

3. He was worried that both he and his wife would get so ill in the near future that they would not be able to look after the children and could not arrange for local child care.
This means that the government can not provide child care to a top government advisers.
That he can not afford to purchase private child care
Or he chose not to.

4. He chose to drive 260 miles to one of his other homes. As it was isolated and he had relatives there that could look after his children if needed.
This means
He broke the lock down rules be they laws or strong guidance. That was repeatedly being told everybody else should obey. With threats of fines or arrest.
He says that he understands that the law allows for the exceptional circumstances that he claims existed.
He says that he does not think it breaks the guidance either.
He does not face a fine or arrest.
This means he is being treated different from ever body else.

5. He claims he drove to Barnard Castle to test his eye sight. Before driving back to London.
Not because it was his wife’s birthday and it was a local beauty spot.
This means
he could not get his wife to drive.
He could not afford to get a driver
He chose not to

You can believe all of the above.
Or just possibly Dominic Cummings is being economical with the truth

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mark J said:

Quote from his blog: 'all people like me can try to do with science is summarise the state of knowledge in good faith '

Which is palpable bollocks as the whole point of Science is it does not rely on Faith.   K

Edited by Khriss
Even if yr an Oxbridge Slap head Chancer
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Dominic Cummings statement did not make sense.
1. He felt it was not safe to stay where he was for himself or family.
This means that
He is a top government adviser but has no security
He can not ask the government for security
He can not ask police for help
He can not afford to employ private security.
Or he chose to do non of the above.

2. He and his wife were ill with possible covid symptoms but did not get a test for covid for him self or his wife. He was not on the test list but might be next week.
This means that
The government do not automatically provide tests for top government advisers who will be coming in contact with the prime minister and other top ministers.
The government can not provide priority testing if requested to top government advisers.
He could not privately arrange for a test
Or he chose not to get a test.

3. He was worried that both he and his wife would get so ill in the near future that they would not be able to look after the children and could not arrange for local child care.
This means that the government can not provide child care to a top government advisers.
That he can not afford to purchase private child care
Or he chose not to.

4. He chose to drive 260 miles to one of his other homes. As it was isolated and he had relatives there that could look after his children if needed.
This means
He broke the lock down rules be they laws or strong guidance. That was repeatedly being told everybody else should obey. With threats of fines or arrest.
He says that he understands that the law allows for the exceptional circumstances that he claims existed.
He says that he does not think it breaks the guidance either.
He does not face a fine or arrest.
This means he is being treated different from ever body else.

5. He claims he drove to Barnard Castle to test his eye sight. Before driving back to London.
Not because it was his wife’s birthday and it was a local beauty spot.
This means
he could not get his wife to drive.
He could not afford to get a driver
He chose not to

You can believe all of the above.
Or just possibly Dominic Cummings is being economical with the truth

Or you can be mugged off by the elite. Ya pays ya money...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I’m not sure what you’re driving at?

How society has failed, we sent kids miles away during WW2 so they would be safe, if we can't trust each other to look out to our young'uns it's a sorry state of affairs. If I was asked to look out to someone else's  young'un I'd get a female friend around to 'cover myself', it's fecking sad.

Just now, eggsarascal said:

How society has failed, we sent kids miles away during WW2 so they would be safe, if we can't trust each other to look out to our young'uns it's a sorry state of affairs. If I was asked to look out to someone else's  young'un I'd get a female friend around to 'cover myself', it's fecking sad.

Ah yeh, I get ya now. I quite agree. Its a sad reflection on how society is today. Its worth keeping in mind there numerous cases of abuse that children faced when being sent away for WW2, not just sexual but used as slaves to work the farms etc. Not everyone had an idyllic time. Then we have all the covenants full of young girls getting abused and obviously boys as well in orphanages. Its not a modern occurrence, it was just hidden and shameful before. But the cost of being more open about sexual abuse is we're ready to linch anyone who has the finger pointed at them and that's their life ruined after than. (assuming they where innocent of course)

Its the same with sexual harassment in the workplace. It absolutely should not be tolerated but things have gone to far now. You can laugh and joke with a few lads and lassies during the day and the girl can decide at a later date that what was joked about was harassment and put an official complaint in. 100% you'll be hauled over the coals. Work now seems to have an invisible barrier up now. Ive had a couple of girls sit on my lap off-shore. As much as I enjoyed it I was bricking myself that it could come back to haunt me. If a girl wants to hug, or kiss cheeks, or make sexual jokes I dont get involved anymore, just in case. And we have a couple of stunners on our crew as well. Great for getting priority Crane Lifts. :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

Because you were rubbishing Cummings, without really knowing much about him at all.

Of course he could be got rid of for his error, but I believe Boris knows he has someone particularly talented on his team, so has decided to let it ride.

From Dominic Cummings' blog dated 4th Mar 2019

DOMINICCUMMINGS.COM

‘Although the institutions of our culture are so amazingly good that they have been able to manage stability in the face of...

That'll be the blog he edited in April to include that post:

WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT

DOMINIC Cummings has been caught adding references to coronavirus to a year-old blog post on pandemics – after...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

That'll be the blog he edited in April to include that post

well there's a turn up for the books - caught out by the waybackmachine, instead of just making a new post he included the material along with the one I linked to about risky virus experiments in secure bio labs. That is pretty bad imo, it may have been done innocently, as he thought it was relevant to his previous post, but it does look like Cummings was out to deceive people into thinking he was on the case before he really was. 

If he was trying to deceive, then all the science in the world shouldn't save him - off to a remote beach and disenfranchised is the recommended method. He certainly has left himself wide open by adding corona stuff to the biohazard post AT SUCH A TIME AS THIS APRIL. If he had just added the stuff to that post without a pandemic currently flaring up it wouldn't have mattered.  The two blogs pages before and after modification in the link below, it does look bad. The haters have got him by the balls with this bit of sleuthing.

WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG

Edited by tree-fancier123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

Which is palpable bollocks as the whole point of Science is it does not rely on Faith.   K

ah yeah, but in good faith is a phrase with a different meaning

If something is done in good faith, it is done sincerely and honestly

by the looks of Cummings blog editing antics it doesn't look like he was acting in good faith

21 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

well there's a turn up for the books - caught out by the waybackmachine, instead of just making a new post he included the material along with the one I linked to about risky virus experiments in secure bio labs. That is pretty bad imo, it may have been done innocently, as he thought it was relevant to his previous post, but it does look like Cummings was out to deceive people into thinking he was on the case before he really was. 

If he was trying to deceive, then all the science in the world shouldn't save him - off to a remote beach and disenfranchised is the recommended method. He certainly has left himself wide open by adding corona stuff to the biohazard post AT SUCH A TIME AS THIS APRIL. If he had just added the stuff to that post without a pandemic currently flaring up it wouldn't have mattered.  The two blogs pages before and after modification in the link below, it does look bad. The haters have got him by the balls with this bit of sleuthing.

WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG

Edited upon his return from his eye test. 

• Haha 4