The Effects of Covid19

Mjk86

14 hours ago, AHPP said:

I’ve got an even better one. Stop taxing people like battery hens and they’ll see themselves through. People on average have half their wealth taken in tax (a simplistic appraisal but run with it). If someone had worked for twenty years without being taxed, they could ride out a storm for another twenty years on the saved tax money alone. As it is at the moment, the government’s got about ten minutes of money in reserve because it spent the “bit of money” its collected over the years on bollocks.

No they won't. People are fckin stupid

Anyway, im not living in a society where next door don't pay for their bin collection so the street is riddled with rats and next door but two is a smack head so her children have no education and hardly ever eat.

I look after my own, pay my taxes and expect that they are spent correctly.

If you didn't want to pay tax then fck off and live in a mud hut somewhere remote and use some foraged herbs when you don't feel well. Said In the nicest possible way of course so not to offend tarts.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

No they won't. People are fckin stupid

Anyway, im not living in a society where next door don't pay for their bin collection so the street is riddled with rats and next door but two is a smack head so her children have no education and hardly ever eat.
I look after my own, pay my taxes and expect that they are spent correctly.

If you didn't want to pay tax then fck off and live in a mud hut somewhere remote and use some foraged herbs when you don't feel well. Said In the nicest possible way of course so not to offend tarts.

It doesn't work.
I tried it.
They still want taxes/NI contributions,
Water bill for rain water,
Etc

22 hours ago, AHPP said:

I’ve got an even better one. Stop taxing people like battery hens and they’ll see themselves through. People on average have half their wealth taken in tax (a simplistic appraisal but run with it). If someone had worked for twenty years without being taxed, they could ride out a storm for another twenty years on the saved tax money alone. As it is at the moment, the government’s got about ten minutes of money in reserve because it spent the “bit of money” its collected over the years on bollocks.

Not true unfortunately, since the bulk of humanity are incapable of saving, prefering to piss it up against a wall when times are good, and then pleading poverty when their circumstances change.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

It doesn't work.
I tried it.
They still want taxes/NI contributions,
Water bill for rain water,
Etc

Sounds like you didn't feck off far enough away then. :)

I wonder if there is any country you can live tax free apart from living in the rain forest etc?

tbh I don't really mind paying taxes, you just have to understand that they won't always be spent the way we would like them to be. Thing that dies piss me off is the cnts that pay next to fck all on the billions they earn because they put the money through Ireland, Luxembourg, their mum's knicker draw etc, etc. Because they have power the governments of the world allow it. Hopefully now is the time to change that. Sounds like Jeff Bezos is doing very well out of covid19.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Sounds like you didn't feck off far enough away then. :)

I wonder if there is any country you can live tax free apart from living in the rain forest etc?

tbh I don't really mind paying taxes, you just have to understand that they won't always be spent the way we would like them to be. Thing that dies piss me off is the cnts that pay next to fck all on the billions they earn because they put the money through Ireland, Luxembourg, their mum's knicker draw etc, etc. Because they have power the governments of the world allow it. Hopefully now is the time to change that. Sounds like Jeff Bezos is doing very well out of covid19.

I’m hoping that’s the Amazons and Google’s of this world are the first to be taxed properly when this is done with. They won’t close shop if they get taxed properly things may go up in price though. I’m not one who generally thinks people should pay big taxes but these big corps do piss me off at times!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

I’m hoping that’s the Amazons and Google’s of this world are the first to be taxed properly when this is done with. They won’t close shop if they get taxed properly things may go up in price though. I’m not one who generally thinks people should pay big taxes but these big corps do piss me off at times!

The trouble is they are american companies and the US government will not countenance that, it's part of their economic colonisation strategy.

In the past the various anti trust and monopolies laws would have been used to break them into smaller competitive entities, as happened with Standard oil in the US.

19 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

The trouble is they are american companies and the US government will not countenance that, it's part of their economic colonisation strategy.

In the past the various anti trust and monopolies laws would have been used to break them into smaller competitive entities, as happened with Standard oil in the US.

"Commie   !! "  ?  K

3 minutes ago, Khriss said:

"Commie   !! "  ?  K

A young man  who asked me for a job told me I was capitalist scum and his sister in her eulogy looked pointedly at me when she said how he always wanted to work in forestry. Needless to say I had not employed him, despite quite liking him and trying to look on him as a son I never had, because I could not trust him. He never had a job and died at 28 of a heroin overdose.

I became disillusioned with american imperialism  during my short stay on an air base as they extricated themselves from Vietnam.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Definately gonna see a shift in how countries are run, this 'just in time' manufacturing system, whilst profitable has shown its flaws now. Hopefully a better longer term plan emerges  after C19 shows 'demand'  does not equal 'need'  K