Opico Skidster or sherpa mini loaders

swinny

On 03/06/2023 at 22:42, Ian C said:

Is that the standard log grab that sherpa sell? does it swivel at all and I take it that will fit a skidster?

Its a manual swivel that  you lock into place. I think sherpa have their own sized mounting plate so i wouldn't 100% say it can fit another. machine that's not a sherpa. Mine won't even fit the new Z series sherpa without an adaptor plate and hose extension.   

13 hours ago, Dilz said:

Its a manual swivel that  you lock into place. I think sherpa have their own sized mounting plate so i wouldn't 100% say it can fit another. machine that's not a sherpa. Mine won't even fit the new Z series sherpa without an adaptor plate and hose extension.   

thanks, it looks like the new sherpa models have a different headstock to the older ones, the skidsters have the same as the normal sherpa headstocks so they should fit straight on.

• Thanks 1

I’ve got the firewood at mum and dad’s pretty portable now. Most of it is in pallet crates that tiles or something come in and I collect from a convenient building site. Also made a couple of these sheep net crates. They stack very obligingly, are low enough to bundle whatever into or climb into and are a useful way to use up short scraps of fence. 

What I was getting round to saying was that the Skidster is undersized for carrying stuff around the garden where there’s space for much bigger, cheaper machines (rough terrain forklift) but I can also sneak those log crates round the cars on the driveway and put them down by either door firewood goes into the house through.

I was also today mewping around inside a shed dad and I are building. Low height meant I could get in under the braces. Not sure a sedentary articulator like an Avant or Multione would have fitted. 

E156B091-77E4-4B24-8415-30830A218271.thumb.jpeg.4d87191f02882f9ed9c6e57959e4e9c1.jpeg

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, tim361 said:

Anyone who runs an auger on their worky quad or similar, how do they perform and any brands you would recommend?

Used an auger torque one on a micro bull, brilliant bit of kit. Only problem is if the loader isn’t sat level side to side the hole ends up pissed.

2 minutes ago, Will C said:

Used an auger torque one on a micro bull, brilliant bit of kit. Only problem is if the loader isn’t sat level side to side the hole ends up pissed.

Shouldn’t end up

pissed, it should hang plumb. You can always slew to correct it once the hole is started too.