BRAND NEW ELECTRIC COOKER.

struie

5 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Most would be too many amps for a 3pin plug I would have thought

Both our hob and oven came with cables attached but neither were from Curry's.

So is the thought that Curry's are removing cables from cookers to discourage DIYers wiring them in and making a few extra pounds?

I'm not sure Pyrolytic Oven's we have these days have a 13amp Plug? I'm sure I needed a 16amp fuse for mine. The last bog standard Oven I bought had a 13amp plug though. 

Pyrolytic is the way forward though.

16 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I'm not sure Pyrolytic Oven's we have these days have a 13amp Plug? I'm sure I needed a 16amp fuse for mine. The last bog standard Oven I bought had a 13amp plug though. 

Pyrolytic is the way forward though.

WTF is Pyrolytic?

Pryo is heat/temperature, so is it simply heat from electric?

But, hey it sounds impressive.

Edited by difflock
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, difflock said:

WTF is Pyrolytic?

Pryo is heat/temperature, so is it simply heat from electric?

But, hey it sounds impressive.

It's great to see the art of advertising copy writing:

"A pyrolytic oven is a form of self-cleaning oven. Pyrolytic ovens are designed with a function that makes the oven get incredibly hot, approximately 500oC. At these temperatures, any grease, fat or food debris in the oven will be incinerated and turn to ash, a process called pyrolysis.  You can see how they got the name ‘pyrolytic’. "

The tautology is the use of incinerate and turn to ash. Pyrolysis is the use of heat to split in the same way electrolysis is the use of electricity to split.

I guess calling it an incinerating oven would detract from sales.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, difflock said:

Hmm,

I wonder how many blokes on,

THEFARMINGFORUM.CO.UK

The modern & interactive discussion forum for agriculture.

will have bought their wives a 500 deg C pyroletic  oven, 

seeing as it ud be SO much better for heating bearing housings, or cast iron components prior to welding.

I used to be a ember of that forum until there was a member o. There (a farmer) who'd been sent to prison for fencing hundreds of thousands of quids worth of stolen tractors and the members there  wouldn't have a bad word said against him because he was one of thier own, Fucking hypocrites.

Im not up to speed on the regs these days, but... so long as you arn't adding to certain tyes of circuit, or altering its protection (the fuse / RCD) then you're OK. Like everything its all for safety - get the cooker wiring wrong and it will just trip the RCD - get a fuse box wrong and it might never trip and then kill you.

Cable - B&Q fr about £10 when we got ours, or reuse the old one. Nor here that when ours was deliered we paid for the old ome to be taken away.. and the old cable went too (to be fair we inherited the oven with the house and 10 yers of it no tbeing cleaned I canunderstand why they left it  it was worth it to get it take way).

I did wonder how self cleaning ovens worked. But... 500 deg C and its clean? so how come my wood burner glass doesn't self clean?