BRAND NEW ELECTRIC COOKER.

struie

9 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Technically you shouldn't be wiring anything more than a plug not even in your own house. I can't say a lot mind, I work on control panels and I'm not a sparky.

I thought all cookers were 3 pin plug stuff now a days . The last 2 I had were

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Most would be too many amps for a 3pin plug I would have thought

Both our hob and oven came with cables attached but neither were from Curry's.

So is the thought that Curry's are removing cables from cookers to discourage DIYers wiring them in and making a few extra pounds?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, difflock said:

Ah connected the gas up too, and repeated both excercises again recently when the daughter bought her Mum a flash new Bertazzoni cooker.

Also rewired the consumer unit, to tidy it up.

I am not an electrician, but  .  .  .

“They” (the man, the system, the illuminati, the capitalist elite) are programming the population stupid to pave the way for the robot armies that will subdue the masses!

”They” don’t want anything fixed by the minions, nuffin is made to last or suitable for repair. It’s all use and toss it away. Buy again. 

Within a couple of generations we seem to have gone from make / fix / mend / repair to buy / bin / buy again. 

Where will it end? Next thing you know they’ll be more ropes than climbers in the tree ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

I remember admiring the simple work-a-round some manufacturer came up with in about 1980.

I was at "The Poly" in Jordanstown, when a new cafe was opened, as I waited in line I was admiring the tea/coffee making hissing/frothing machine, which monolithic unit had 2 No leads, each ending in a fused on(if I remember correctly) 13 A plug, which plugs were plugged in side-by-side to a double socket.

I did have ample time to cross examine the details and it all looked 100% factory kosher.

Neat solution I thought.

Edited by difflock

Putting ones tin foil hat to one side for a moment...

I thought Part P regs were amended to allow non-qualified people to connect a cooker up to an existing circuit. You'll need a Part P qualified sparky to put in a new circuit.

If you're replacing a cooker then you should have an old cable to re-use, hence not needing one.

I've had a built in cooker than had a 3-pin plug fitted but a free standing cooker that could draw more than 13A will need a bigger cable.

14 minutes ago, Stubby said:

In the days of the old 15amp round pin plug the cookers were wired with the  old " twin and earth " 3 core behind a ceramic guard over the terminal block .

Back in "the day" hey Stubby, showing your age now mate:thumbup:

• Haha 1