justice system wrong or right??

Robert_S

That is truly horrendous!

4 years!!!!!!

Why did they bother jailing him tbh:thumbdown:

Arson,destruction of property, trespassing and nots let forget attempted murder!

Do we really need to have people like that on this planet!

He gets out soon too mate, He'll have done 27 months out of his 4 years when hes out BUT because of good behaviour inside, There letting him out early :sneaky2:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to defend yourself and your family, and the law allows you to do that.

As for property, that is also just stuff, and I see human life - even the life of a thief - as a lot more important.

Honestly, if I met a thief in my home in the process of taking stuff, I'd ask him to leave, being careful not to threaten him in a way that could lead to violence, and once he'd gone I'd call the police. I think this is a civilised way to do things. I also think that it is a lot safer for me, in that a burglar who knew he could be legally assaulted would probably react in a very different way and probably try to strike first. I'm happy with the law as it is.

Are you for real?

Edited by TheTreeWiseMen

Sounds about right...

I knew a man that beat his wife, he then went on to batter his two year old son, he only got a two years suspended sentence and they're back together...

The laws changed too much to benefit those tha break it cause the government can't deal with it properly...

Years ago stuff like this didn't happen cause of the deterrent, now there's no discipline in schools etc the "younguns" run amok and don't care :(

No offence intended to the younger generation, just the minority that are the bad eggs...

On a side note I've seen my fair share of worries over the past few years, some extremely hurtful, some extremely annoying...

It's hard to forget and forgive, sometimes you can't, but you have to try and brush it off and get on with it, however hard it may be.

I don't sleep most nights, but still manage to function to a good standard ;)

Edited by Omniata

The way the law stands, you can meet violence with proportionate response and no more. This would mean that if you are in the process of being attacked, you can respond with the force necessary only to defend yourself and any other person (not property) being threatened, but not to inflict what you consider a suitable retribution or punishment. In the case of this thread, chasing someone who is fleeing the scene and beating them with a bat to the point of inflicting permanent brain damage is clearly using excess force. The main problem lies with expecting people to be able to temper their response when adrenaline is pumping. I believe that criminal behaviour in this country is on the rise and lax punishment and prosecution is more likely than not a contributory factor, but mob law scares me even more.

• 1 year later...

geoff, here in Florida we have the Castle law which allows the owners of the dwelling to protect them selfs. For instance if I am home alone or with my family and someone or persons enter my house I have the right to protect myself since I am in fear of my life. Shortly after this moment I would be able to unload my H-K into said intruder and allow them to assume room temp. Justice served. The key is that you have to be in fear of your life and the perps must be inside your dwelling. Anything outside is up for the police/courts to decide. If you come inside my place and are looking for trouble you will be assuming room temp. pretty quick.

elg

geoff, here in Florida we have the Castle law which allows the owners of the dwelling to protect them selfs. For instance if I am home alone or with my family and someone or persons enter my house I have the right to protect myself since I am in fear of my life. Shortly after this moment I would be able to unload my H-K into said intruder and allow them to assume room temp. Justice served. The key is that you have to be in fear of your life and the perps must be inside your dwelling. Anything outside is up for the police/courts to decide. If you come inside my place and are looking for trouble you will be assuming room temp. pretty quick.

elg

Proper order to, and that's the way it should be, my way of dealing with it would be to strap the scum to my cooker.

And as for anyone harming my woman or my two girls it is simple I would do the jail to get to them. That's what's wrong with the UK your made to feel that if you retaliate in any way then your as bad as them.

Personally I don't prescribe to that way of thinking anyone who breaks in to your property for what ever reason deserves everything they get. The sorry shame of the system is that they never get the sentence they deserve. When caught by law they get merely the slap on wrist. Because the social work reports and some drug programme worker says there trying to turn there life around.

As soon as the other person flees or try’s to self-defence no longer exists in your mitigation,

Chasing someone down the street then bludgeoning them is NOT self-defence or defence of a 3rd party (coming to there aid) neither is it detaining them using minimal force AKA a “citizens arrest”

Had he bludgeoned him in his own home had he or his family been attacked in it then that would be very different BUT minimal force would still apply.

I would agree with this statement wholeheartedly in the cold light of day but.....and there's always a but, my mum went into my uncles house and found an intruder in there so as she's an old lady of nearly 70 she decided the best plan of action was to chase him down the street!! I said what were you thinking of and what would you have done had you caught him? She said she had no idea what she would have done and the only reason she chased him was due to her emotions and i quote ' who the hell did he think he was to be in my brothers house', so I have to agree with Deano in the fact that if you find yourself in a situation that is out of the ordinary you never know how you will react.

So then if this guy has already 50 convictions and is still on the street and a threat to other people. is the law working?

A man that has built a life in the uk and a business may well lose all of that (god knows its hard work building a business) because nobody else was able to deal with this intruder in the past.

After 50 convictions.

Evey one of us has the capacity for violence you Just need the right trigger threatening my children with a knife might well do it for me and once you have started you are not going to stop easly.

So then if this guy has already 50 convictions and is still on the street and a threat to other people. is the law working?

A man that has built a life in the uk and a business may well lose all of that (god knows its hard work building a business) because nobody else was able to deal with this intruder in the past.

After 50 convictions.

Evey one of us has the capacity for violence you Just need the right trigger threatening my children with a knife might well do it for me and once you have started you are not going to stop easly.

Well said....

I'd like to hope my brain would think of my kids and not go too far so I end up in prison for life BUT seeing someone threaten your wife and kids with a knife could bring out the killer instinct in any man! In fact seeing someone threaten a total strangers kids with a knife could and probably would bring it out of you.