Thats one lucky cyclist!

Steve Bullman

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

Why wasnt the rope taught?

Why was a fanny who cuts through a hinge doing the felling?

Why was he felling against the lean?

Why am i not a millionaire with a 12 inch knobler?

???

They were rocking it, watch it again.  One of the main factors why it snapped off the hinge probably

I’m renowned for taking the piss on here, but my earlier comment was dead serious.
The lack of professionalism was different level.
Yes , I’ve bent the regs plenty of times, and no doubt will in the future.
BUT I’ve never put peoples lives at risk the way these clowns did.
That could have been my wife and kids driving past at the wrong time just as the stem went sideways.
It could have been your wife and kids.
That aside, dropping gnarly lumps onto tarmac is a shit-storm waiting to happen.
Services?

Anyone trying to defend them with shite about ‘time pressure’ or ‘they were just doing what they were told’ bollocks is part of the problem.

Completely agree with Mark here. There was clearly no traffic management involved as cars were going past and if you were to fell a trunk like that on a road side you would put hazard tape at the very least around the area the tree could fall.

I’ve made cock ups and skipped corners in the past but nothing like this.

Why wasn’t the trunk taken down lower? Lazy and rushing to get to the pub no doubt. Why was the tree being felled against its lean? And why the hell is there from what I can see only 2 people caring out a job on what appears to be a busy road that needs a lot more traffic control than just a couple of cones next to the chipper.

I hate it when people love to have a go and judge people for silly mistakes (we all make them) but this is just nuts. They were lucky no one died and if that was me on the bike I would have torn them a new one and been straight on the phone to HSE.

Unbelievable
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Apart from getting the bar pinched, where’s the wedges. And a slack rope, that was waiting to happen...

The reason for cutting up that high, and leaving a stump the same height as the wall next to it. Is because does not become a trip hazard, it gets sorted at a later date, like when replanting or resurfacing that area. Brighton is full of this when they take elm down..and the guy that chopped them down told this,?

Clueless,they should never been attempting that fell on a street with hard surfaces to damage bits could have shattered and skittled off into passing cars etc.

unfortunately this makes our industry look bad poor training ,laziness and judgement to even attempt that fell and a total disregard for life and other people’s safety.

i hope they throw the book at them if it was a council contract as it looks likely then they have questions to ask in their vetting procedures.Just as bad as Bartlett scenario if not worse.

The cyclist was doing nothing wrong and I would have had the police there straight away who took the footage was it for the company’s website ??

• Thanks 1