Best poison for grass and weeds?

Al Cormack

30 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

We've had plenty of concoctions used legally before that were definitely safe and proven, then turned out not to be.  

This is my view also. In the case of glyphosate (only been around for 2/3 of my life) we don't know the effects of its decomposition products yet as they accumulate.

I'm sanguine about much of its use by farmers but not the blanket spraying I saw on the railways or golf clubs. I also worry about it being used as a dessicant prior to harvest.

I suspect the american case is yet another attack on a foreign firm rather than a reasoned  judgement.

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I know about that, but it’s not banned and it works. Just wear a mask and wellies 

.....an stop smoking...and no fatty breakfast, and those beers you had..Stop that ! And drive a Prius an two stroke engines make you cough..k

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

The risk is minimal if all the precautions are taken as taught in the pesticide application courses.

The fella who just got a big pay out in the states was actually covered in undilluted glyphosate,twice!

He spilled it on himself....

If all the precautions and ppe are adhered to then its no more carcingenic than bacon!

Bacon will probably be found to be worse at some point in the future 

I had a serious case of mares tail going on in my front and back garden when i bought my house, its took me 5 yrs to get on top of it using “clinic” and “gallop” which are farm grade (high concentration of glyphosate) you can’t buy it over counter anymore as of sept last year unless you have a spraying licence. It will destroy any weeds thats for sure, i recommend it for a resolve on your weeds defo! As above, just throw a mask on and some rubber gloves [emoji106]