Thieves!

forestboy1978

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Am I irritating and repetitive because I question what you say and think?

Gangsta was just a turn of phrase. How many of these low IQ wannabe's do you know?

Nope. Your repetitive cos you repeat the same things and your irritating cos you're concomitantly repetitive with subtle allusion to moral and intellectual superiority!

I currently know none, but I've been around the block. 

The video you are watching is from the states, they don't suffer the same air gun power laws we do and as a result, the pistol you are looking at won't perform the same as the one on the video. Putting that aside...purchasing it for the purpose you are intending is classed as pre meditated as well as it being a fire arm offence. Fact of the matter is, you use it for what you are boasting to use it for and you are potentially looking at a lengthy spell at her majesties pleasure, you'll be looking at 5+ for a fire arms offence. You are aloud to use "reasonable force" in self defence but shooting a potentially unarmed man is most definitely not reasonable.

Get your kit securely locked up, insured and make sure you have read and adhered to the insurers conditions is the best advice, as has been said, don't get your self locked up over a bit of kit, you can always buy more but you can't buy back time lost for making a silly decision.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Nope. Your repetitive cos you repeat the same things and your irritating cos you're concomitantly repetitive with subtle allusion to moral and intellectual superiority!

I currently know none, but I've been around the block. 

Morally you are right, in my mind what's right is right, not what I want to be right to suit my needs. I've never claimed to be intellectual.

Can you see how you've got me wrong?

I hope there is only one of them and you are a bloody good shot.
Don't forget to put a fresh CO2 cylinder in just before you shoot them, which itself will be a challenge under pressure, because if you leave one in it to be ready they empty themselves quickly through leakage, also with every shot you will have less and less power and it is a significant drop, I would be amazed if you were cracking kneecaps after a few shots.

Edited by scraggs

I've actually got one of these air pistols, I can't see the link you have posted, but mine is a co2 power jobby, 8 shot I think, the max limit for these is 6 ftlbs, it will only dent the end of an empty beer can. The one you have posted may well be more powerful, but as lads we used to dick around shooting at each other with this sort of thing, I am afraid you may well be disappointed with its performance.

The biggest danger I can see is being shot at by plod if you or someone else is waving it around. Some armed forces are jitterier than others.

• Like 2

i have my shotgun ticket and have spent years shooting air rifles etc. a 6ft lb pistol unless hitting soft tissue in a vulnerable area from point blank will merely piss them off.
Any form of ‘gun’ if used against someone or in a public place (within 50ft i think of a road) on land you don’t have written permission to be on with said ‘weapon’ is a firearms offence. expect fast armed response and to be in an uncomfortable position with several muzzles pointing at you! they detain then ask questions.
spend the money you would spend on the pistol and buy a gold secure bike chain, something 1.5m ish and loop it through the saw handles, and round the chipper frame. then concrete in a ground anchor or bolt it down they cost about £50 for a decent one. now lock anything to this and without a disc cutter they are not leaving with anything. total spend under £300.
you can get blank shotgun door alarms, that normally sends them scurrying and no danger other than to their ears!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Squaredy said:

The poor citizens of the USA think they are protecting themselves by owning a gun.  In reality in most years over 10,000 people are illegally killed with firearms in the USA and double that number commit suicide by using a gun each year. 

Even the number killed by accidental discharge is higher than the total firearms deaths in the UK.

There are not many things that make me proud to be British, but general lack of guns in our society is one of them.

Having wasted my time and effort discussing guns on a certain other tree related forum with a high US membership, I have changed my thinking on this. We are ruled over by a monarchy/goverment, we have never had a successful revolution, and the guns we can have are only those that we are allowed by our government for the purpose of hunting or target shooting.

Whereas the USA is a republic I think, they have the right to bear arms in order to rise up in defence of the freedom they secured in their revolution. 

This has bitten them on the arse in the last few years as we have all seen, but I certainly don't have any answers as to how to sort this.

I would take the metal sights of that pistol.

That way it won't hurt as much when they get hold of it and shove it up your arse.

All that pistol is gonna do is get you in trouble with the law after all the premeditation you have proclaimed you're gonna do here or with the thieves when they get hold of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Having wasted my time and effort discussing guns on a certain other tree related forum with a high US membership, I have changed my thinking on this. We are ruled over by a monarchy/goverment, we have never had a successful revolution, and the guns we can have are only those that we are allowed by our government for the purpose of hunting or target shooting.