Facebook tree guy sites.

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Not got facebook . Never tried it . Dont want to .

5 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Not got facebook . Never tried it . Dont want to ........ And if I did I wouldn't hide behind a fake name

I see what you did there Stubby.

• Like 1

Used to use - and be entertained by it , but the current media frenzy is appaling ( Cambridge Analytica speshly ) , the data tracking  Orwellian and the time consumption of a device that WAS supposed to be making our modern lives easier and more productive is beyond absurd K

Just for the record, I’m on Facebook, quite like it.

I just hide the irritating people, you people are aware of that aren’t you?

It is the burgeoning FB tree sites that grind my gears a bit, and I was wondering what the attraction was and what people thought of them.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

10 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

doesn't that just make you a bit of a gloating twat, intolerant of other people's viewpoints?

Maybe it does but he didnt use social media to express his views (in the end). 

Like posting someone a written birthday card is whole different thing to fb book post or worse of all moon pig! (not sure moon pig is social media but you get my point. 

7 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Just for the record, I’m on Facebook, quite like it.

I just hide the irritating people, you people are aware of that aren’t you?

It is the burgeoning FB tree sites that grind my gears a bit, and I was wondering what the attraction was and what people thought of them.

Most of them seem to be full of people who just want to slag off other people and see just how abusive they can be without being banned. Then there's pages like Treebay which consist of people selling stolen and/or thoroughly shagged out kit as well as constant slanging matches between travellers and everybody else. The Arbtalk page is ok, as is Arborists Online and Donnie Nix's old page (Climbers Online?) but anything on Facebook has a tendency to get out of hand compared to a well-run forum.

• Like 1