Facebook tree guy sites.

Mick Dempsey

I don’t know if it’s a sign of the times , people lack empathy and live in a total fantasy with or with out social media to blame social media is wrong people on a whole are just those things , social media on the plus side allows you to maintain and keep learning if you want subjects you are passionate about, on the minus any one can find and befriend you, I had an ex for a good reasons From 20 years ago contact me on messenger late last Friday which is the sort of reason I didn’t use Facebook for years in the first place... woke up thinking what a horrible nightmare and then realised it had happened..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I dont do faceache and am unsettled/disgusted/appalled at the average shallow postings about how apparently wonderful peoples lives are, mostly showing off how they can spend money and enjoy themselves on endless holidays or big nights out.

No one wins that particular arms race.

It is however a very powerful tool for communicating.

Marcus

• Like 2

I just don't get Facebook. People I don't know and with no common interests keep wanting to befriend me wtf - 

I'm on linked in and UKTC - just tree related stuff that keeps me up to date with news and comment. I can happily survive another day without knowing what someone had for breakfast or what a good/bad time they're currently having - I don't care.

• Like 3

08:50 I haven't had breakfast yet, just got up.

08:51 Currant location: couch.

08:52 Making some coffeeeeeee!!!!!! 

08:53 Yay.

08:54 The dishes over there they fill me with despair : ( ...... And out of biscuits.

08:55 Will probably go to work soon, If I can haul my ass out the door. If I do, will keep you posted thought the day.. xx

• Like 3

I don't mind it. Although I prefer Instagram than Facebook as you get a load of old rubbish on both but tend to see less of it on Instagram. 

I think its great that you can communicate with people on the other side of the world. If you don't fancy it being seen by all sorts, imagine that the world and his wife can see everything you post and don't upload anything dodgy.

If you get annoyed by people posting a load of shite, I'd suggest that it was your fault for accepting them as a friend in the first place or not hiding what they post. Either or.

Simples.

2 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

08:54 The dishes over there they fill me with despair : ( ...... And out of biscuits.

08:55 Will probably go to work soon, If I can haul my ass out the door. If I do, will keep you posted thought the day.. xx

I DON'T CARE!!!!  :001_tt2:

5 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Brilliant! Pretty much how it goes.

I have a real friend (honest) who yesterday posted a picture of his breakfast. Another sent one of the shower in his B&B. My cousin posted one of her cat's new incontinence matress. Plus a toe-curling pseudo-buddhist morale booster from a friend in Australia, that made me want to smash the screen. And that's just one day of FB.

The arbtalk FB page is disgusting, thank goodness it exists because it keeps the dickheads away from the Forum, and it is still possible to have a civilised conversation. Or an uncivilised one with civilised people.

• Like 2