Tendonitus

stihlmadasever

Got tennis elbow in one arm and golfers elbow in the other,its from climbing so i suppose my climbing career is on its last legs.

Anyone have any remedies?

Ive seen the doctor,takin ibuprofen,wearing the little arm straps u get etc.

ANY sort of input would be a god send..its bloody miserable!

Tia

5 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Got tennis elbow in one arm and golfers elbow in the other,its from climbing so i suppose my climbing career is on its last legs.

Anyone have any remedies?

Ive seen the doctor,takin ibuprofen,wearing the little arm straps u get etc.

ANY sort of input would be a god send..its bloody miserable!

Tia

Stop bashing your bishop xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There’s some good tennis elbow threads on here mate.

I totally changed my climbing style, pretty much jacked in one-handing, got a baby Echo, had physio, used elbow clasps and had cortisone jabs.

It’s under control now but I only climb a couple of days a week.

Good luck with it, it’s a bastard.

• Thanks 1

You've not been climbing that long have you mate?

There are options that relieve the pain, drugs and cortisone etc, but they just mask the symptoms.

My elbows used to give me a fair bit of grief. I looked at what was causing it. Likely was one handing a 201 far more than was necessary, and holding my weight with one hand while i tended slack.

I've bought a mini topper since, and still try to minimise unnecessary one handing (with a bit of trying you can really cut back on this).

I also use srt as much as I can, and use a zig zag and often a foot ascenderto the the strain off my arms on ddrt. 

On dismantles using your spikes effectively is a big help too, I've never understood why people pull themselves up a rope so much on dismantles. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

There’s some good tennis elbow threads on here mate.

I totally changed my climbing style, pretty much jacked in one-handing, got a baby Echo, had physio, used elbow clasps and had cortisone jabs.

It’s under control now but I only climb a couple of days a week.

Good luck with it, it’s a bastard.

Beat me to it mate. 

Why does "golfers elbow" sound so much more tragic than tennis elbow?

• Haha 1

I know you don’t want to hear it but try and climb SRT fully.. I was starting to think my career was over a few years back with tennis elbow, tendons sticking out my hands,knacked wrists and shot shoulders !! but the haas and ct foot ascender has given me years more back in the game and not only that it keeps you fresher to work longer so much more so than pulling your body with your hands and arms about all day.. the transition was hard and I still have quite a bit of pain in my joints and pins and needles but nothing like near what it was .. it used to keep me awake .. another thing is to be careful what saws you use , it’s amazing how crap anti vibes mess up your joints.. it’s hard but put the 200 t or ms460 down and pick up a new spring mounted modern saw..but you should feel the difference after a few months if your grip is being effected as well.

• Like 1

I had tennis elbow fairly bad at 35 , then I bought a tens machine that straps onto your arm , i used it twice a day for a month , symptoms went away , it only reoccurs now and again and nothing like as bad . Also a few years ago I changed from prussic to zig zig which also helps , now 45 a no pain , touch wood ! 

Joe- yeah im not even at 10 years climbing yet but i was a gardener before that so it kinda crosses over into heavy lifting repetative strain over the years.

I climb on a zigzag,recently went back onto 13mm rope just for easier grip,i do use srt on big ascents but realisticly i could count the number of big trees ive climbed over the past year on one hand.

Im in a team of 4, all climbers so we take climbs in rotation which at first i hated but now its a god send as climbing now is causing me grief.

I utilise ascenders( ct foot and single hand) as much as possible and use our 150 more than anyone else in the squad.

I am guilty of holding my body weight on one arm while tending slack coming in from tip prunes,little ascents etc.I have tried a 3:1 to make it easier to pull myself back in but it takes feckin ages...ive little patience for that.

Really tryin as much as i can to ease the symptons but as much rest as possible just isnt possible in our game really is it.

Even if your not climbing using chainsaws,draggin feeding the chipper carting logs about aint gonna help rest em much.

Thanks for all the comments so far folks

Much appreciated