I hate it when.......

WesD

59 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

That would be me:001_tongue:

And me!

It's not just the ballachingly tedious process of scan, try again because the barcode is crumpled on the mature stilton, or the muppet that wrapped it rolled it around a corner on purpose because they feel threatened by the inevitable automation of the workplace which will see them unemployed as the unstoppable force of the machine replaces the spotty oicke on the first rung of the employment ladder or retiree making some spare cash, leading inevitably to the complete breakdown of civilised society...  And... The place your meaningless consumer addiction on the "bagging area" message, or the call assistance because after 30+ years of purchasing alcohol you need earlier referenced spotty oike to authorise, or the discount isn't properly applied since the stilton should have been sold yesterday, but, since you've got some broccoli in that needs using and a stilton / broccoli soup tickles your fancy as you just happen to be passing the supermarket....  As if ALL that isn't enough to rage you right up, loike, what about the person behind you creeping ever closer even though you haven't moved at all?  Now THAT is what really grates my gears, post office probably the worst - old people creeping ever closer like the unstoppable tide of human oppression - I haven't moved, stop getting closer to me!

PS - and those auto pay-in machines at the bank.  Use them and see your local branch closed.  Why do the staff so eagerly set upon you and try and make you use the very facility that will put them out of a job?  No, I'd rather wait in line - just don't let everyone creep closer unless I move - to freaks me out!

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

And me!

It's not just the ballachingly tedious process of scan, try again because the barcode is crumpled on the mature stilton, or the muppet that wrapped it rolled it around a corner on purpose because they feel threatened by the inevitable automation of the workplace which will see them unemployed as the unstoppable force of the machine replaces the spotty oicke on the first rung of the employment ladder or retiree making some spare cash, leading inevitably to the complete breakdown of civilised society...  And... The place your meaningless consumer addiction on the "bagging area" message, or the call assistance because after 30+ years of purchasing alcohol you need earlier referenced spotty oike to authorise, or the discount isn't properly applied since the stilton should have been sold yesterday, but, since you've got some broccoli in that needs using and a stilton / broccoli soup tickles your fancy as you just happen to be passing the supermarket....  As if ALL that isn't enough to rage you right up, loike, what about the person behind you creeping ever closer even though you haven't moved at all?  Now THAT is what really grates my gears, post office probably the worst - old people creeping ever closer like the unstoppable tide of human oppression - I haven't moved, stop getting closer to me!

You must have better deodorant than me, as normally they keep their distance.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, roys said:

People who drop litter.

People who don't pick up after their dog.

People who think that that dropping cigarette butts on the ground is ok because it is not litter.

People who drive in a 60 at 40 mph and keep driving at 40 when they reach a 30mph limit.

People who are inconsiderate.

I can go on but I might get boring.

We should go for a pint! It seems we have the same pet hates, I salute you sir

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peatff said:

I think pound trolleys are a good thing, Tesco near us doesn't have them and their trolleys are abandoned anywhere despite having a security wheel that is supposed to lock up if you go over the magnetic strip at the end of the car park. I hate it when people leave their no deposit trolley in a parking space after they unload it into their car and drive off.

I don’t begrudge the pound, I just never have one with me. I must be lucky with where I shop as very nearly everyone returns their trolley. :)

30 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Online banking for me :)

Yes me too stubby...cant handle banks now they seem to have morphed into a sales workshop for the most annoying members of society,seriously i used to go in every friday afternoon but the constant trying to sell me,house insurance,contents insurance,car and van insurance,loans,upgrade on my debit account,credit card  blah blah blah...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

And me!

PS - and those auto pay-in machines at the bank.  Use them and see your local branch closed.  Why do the staff so eagerly set upon you and try and make you use the very facility that will put them out of a job?  No, I'd rather wait in line - just don't let everyone creep closer unless I move - to freaks me out!

I tend to go to a till with a person at it.

26 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Yes me too stubby...cant handle banks now they seem to have morphed into a sales workshop for the most annoying members of society,seriously i used to go in every friday afternoon but the constant trying to sell me,house insurance,contents insurance,car and van insurance,loans,upgrade on my debit account,credit card  blah blah blah...

If there were more people working behind the counter in a bank, they'd still punt their products but it wouldn't seem so full on.  The people behind the glass counter have been on commission for years.  You just notice it more when it's not happening all the time.

Edited by Mark J