what mini loader

digaholedumper

in defence of avant loaders...

I would take multione rated lift capacity with a pinch of salt.

avant 420 20hp lifts 550kg and weighs 1030kg

multi one s520 20hp lifts 1020kg and weighs 940kg

if the two machines are so similar how can it lift nearly twice as much? i certainly know it when I've got 550kg on my avant 420 i can't believe the multione would move at all if you had that much weight on it, unless they stick a huge counter weight on it.

The visibility of the implement is not as good as the avant.

Does anyone know of any one who has bent the off set boom on the avant?

Yes, on a 635 (twisted the boom out of the bearings)

Spoke to a guy who made the norcar tracks, he explained (which I've half forgot) the difference in stated lift capacity and tipping weight, tipping weight is if I remember correctly the weight the machine will lift before rear wheels come off the ground, so tipping capacity is more important than what the loader would lift with the rear of the machine was chained down.

in defence of avant loaders...

I would take multione rated lift capacity with a pinch of salt.

avant 420 20hp lifts 550kg and weighs 1030kg

multi one s520 20hp lifts 1020kg and weighs 940kg

if the two machines are so similar how can it lift nearly twice as much? i certainly know it when I've got 550kg on my avant 420 i can't believe the multione would move at all if you had that much weight on it, unless they stick a huge counter weight on it.

The visibility of the implement is not as good as the avant.

Does anyone know of any one who has bent the off set boom on the avant?

The answer is simple - they're not similar! The MultiOne out-classes the Avant! You've quoted the figures, it speaks for itself no? :biggrin:

Yes, on a 635 (twisted the boom out of the bearings)

Spoke to a guy who made the norcar tracks, he explained (which I've half forgot) the difference in stated lift capacity and tipping weight, tipping weight is if I remember correctly the weight the machine will lift before rear wheels come off the ground, so tipping capacity is more important than what the loader would lift with the rear of the machine was chained down.

This is also my understanding of tipping weight and max lifting capacity. Therefore the tipping weight will always be less than the lifting capacity (in the case of articulated loaders).

For example - My Avant 525 lpg has a Max lifting capacity (hydr) of 1350kg.

At the standard weight of 1250kg (including inbuilt 170kg weight) the tipping load is 800kg.

I have added 100kg of counterweights, so the tipping load has increased to circa 900kg.

And yet on the Multione website, if you look into the technical data for the models it all seems to be the opposite, for example - Multione 25hp S525

Tipping load (w/backweights) 1020 kg (2249 lbs)

Lifting capacity (straight and w/backweights) 820 kg (1808 lbs)

So yes Shillo, you are in my opinion right. The lifting figures are not as they appear at first glance.

I'm honestly not as sad as this post makes me look :confused1:, but when I was looking to buy a machine I trawled through as much info as I could to help make the right decision on something very important. And I don't think it's particularly helpful when inaccurate opinions are given.

The simple fact is, a loader is not going to lift it's own weight at an extended point beyond the front of the machine, that's just bloody obvious.

The visibility factor of the Avant boom is much better, but fair play, I get that the original 'H' design used on the Multione may need less service attention and therefore be sturdier in the long run.

To anyone who is actually looking at buying their first loader, the Avant and Multione are basically the same. If you are lucky enough to have both dealers in your area then try both, and then I suggest you play them off against each other to get the one you want at the best price you can.

IMO that is :biggrin:

I have been seriously looking for a "wee handy" loader tractor/handler this while.

At present I am kinda fixated on a Landini Powerfarm 60, cabless with a loader.

seems to be value for money, looks fresh, 5000 hrs on, good tyres, and should do all I need.

Am I missing something(other than a cab)

marcus

I have been seriously looking for a "wee handy" loader tractor/handler this while.

At present I am kinda fixated on a Landini Powerfarm 60, cabless with a loader.

seems to be value for money, looks fresh, 5000 hrs on, good tyres, and should do all I need.

Am I missing something(other than a cab)

marcus

5000 hrs! Bloody hell I would examin it closely!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

I "thought" that, since engine hours were now simply turn of the key run time, not actually counting crankshaft revolutions and dividing by PTO rpm, (as used to be the case).

That 5000 hrs, especially with concurrent improvements in engines and lubrication technology, was now considered more acceptable?

cheers

marcus

I "thought" that, since engine hours were now simply turn of the key run time, not actually counting crankshaft revolutions and dividing by PTO rpm, (as used to be the case).

That 5000 hrs, especially with concurrent improvements in engines and lubrication technology, was now considered more acceptable?

cheers

marcus

But its a Landini !!