Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

I hope Trump is elected and brings about the changes needed to turn America around.

The dems have abused Bidens senile condition until the truth could no longer be hidden. Obama and Hillary promptly drew their arms from up his arse following the debate. The MSM's role is playing Biden out as normal or coherent was nothing short of shameless, just shows the lack of morals inherant in the media.

Trump should draw down funding to Ukrain,it's a Biden problem nothing to do with the American people. There is mire than enough money in Europe to fill Americas role.

In the end liberals have done what they always do,implement changes which seem to have the oppoeffect of how they were intended.

The adults then get elected and try to.pick up the peices.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Big J said:

There are a whole host of issues with democracy, but particularly the US democracy. It's systemic and I don't think we'll ever see significant change in our lifetimes. I'll run through a few points:

• The electoral college is anti-democratic. It allows for and encourages minority rule. The Republicans haven't won the popular vote since 2004. 
  • The state system, and the number of senators allocated to each state is also antidemocratic. Wyoming has 1 senator for every 290k population. California near as makes no difference 1 for every million population. 
  • The nature of the electoral college means that almost all votes in almost all states are irrelevent. It comes down to about 100,000 votes in a handful of swing states.
  • Money plays far to massive a role in American politics. Allowing such collosal sums to be spent means that the truth is always bent, obfuscated or even hidden. There are 12,500 registered lobbyists in Washington - that's more than 20 for every senator or congressman.
  • Gerrymandering - a practice normally undertaken by Republicans involving boundary changes to make it easier for them to retain or create electoral majorities in their districts. 
  • Political appointment of judges. There is no separation of political and judicial power in the US. Take the supreme court as an example. 
  • The extremely partisan nature of public broadcasting. People tune into the news network that they feel most comfortable in and consequently find an echo chamber reinforcing their world view. Obviously, that's true across the developed world, but the US is especially bad. I make a point of watching both MSNBC and Fox and find both to be pretty awful.

Basically the same as the UK then 👍

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I can't think of any successfully run countries with your wishy washy liberal bs liberal leanings.

I can think of a few that went that way and swiftly turned to microwaved garbage.

Pick any Scandinavian country. Always top the lists for quality of life, equality and happiness.

I don't post here as much as I used to, but I'm always a little surprised and saddened by how right leaning some members are, and how callously heartless they come across online. 

Trump represents the very worst of American culture. Uneducated, cruel, self-serving and greedy. Those that vote for him wish to emulate him. They've been mislead into thinking that he has their interests at heart when he couldn't give a sh!t about them.

I'll ask for a response on a few specific points: how would you defend Trump when he refused to visit WW1 war graves in Europe for fear of his hair becoming disheveled and stated "why would I go to that (American) cemetary? It's filled with losers"

And Trump mocking a disabled reporter whilst on stage. 

These are but two of literally thousands of examples of him acting like a total piece of sh!t, but I'd ask that you defend him on these two specific counts.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2