Crime in the UK

Darrin Turnbull

Theres a few ways to look at this..

Overall crimes rates are falling statistically.. so crime is going down..

Or the way crime stats are calculated has changed and crime might not be going down, then again it might be...

Reporting of crime has increased.... skewing the perception of crime rates..

Racist crimes increased after Brexit, but did they? looked to me like reporting racist crime spiked to suit an agenda... the lying media..

Havin said all that, like the poor, the thieving scum will always be with us....

Overall stats don't actually reflect regional crime levels. I'm in the south east, where I would imagine statistically it is going to be higher, because of population density. We were in Devon earlier this year, Sidmouth neck of the woods and asked a local what crime levels were like; he suggested that serious theft, (as in, not shoplifting- loss of the kind of stuff we discuss on here) for example was practically nonexistent. Some on here may disagree!? The UK is always going to have quite major issues, I don't know how we are supposed to correct that.

Anybody touches my dogs, there will be bloodshed...

Edited by Flarris
Grammar

My feeling is that the perceived increase is down to reporting and recording.

When I started in tree work, it was the 1980's and you didn't get to hear about who had been robbed or stabbed until the ink was dry on the page and the incidents were generally worth reporting.

These days, for better or worse, anyone with Internet acces can be a publisher

Nothing seems Sacred anymore. They even steal dogs.

More than 5,000 dogs have been reported stolen to police forces in England and Wales since the start of 2013, a BBC investigation has found.

Inevitable when dogs become a fashion accessory and are subject of daft breeding programmes that produce designer pooches.

There's a lovely character in this area, as yet unknown, beheading cats. I think 20-30 have so far been found.

I know many wouldn't think of that as a crime (is it cruel if done quickly?) but it's Criminal Damage and when you look at the effect it must have on the owner...

Statistics don't always give the true picture. I go into prisons to give talks and bring a message of hope to guys who are trying to turn their lives around but there isn't much help available, sadly.

The vast majority of prisoners are released and immediately become homeless, not a great start to their rehabilitation.

The government had a solution to this. Give each prisoner one nights B&B money upon release.

Now the Home Secretary can stand up in the House of Commons and report that no prisoners become homeless on release and they have "solved" the problem. 🙄