Video Rotatech vs Leading brand

Northernarbsupplies

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought ( wrongly it seems ) that " chipper " chain was semi chisel a apposed to full chisel be it round ground or square ground ..........

Chipper is a "tag" that has stuck with semi chisel chain , i suppose it is the closest modern offering to a true chipper chain , wipes the floor with full chisel in dirty wood IMO

Hi All

Been sat back watching this unfold. We sent a couple of videos to rotatech, didn't realise it was going to get so scrutinised. We were just having a mess around in the yard as we'd finished early. All the timber in the video was hard as hell, 2yrs wind blow Sitka Spruce and we just grabbed a couple of saws and had a mess around with them and decided to take a couple of videos. In the video of the 2 lads cutting either end of the pole, the 576 chain is not on backwards, he may have hit a hard knot, or maybe its just the Dolly has the edge :001_smile: In fact I know the Dolly is more powerful on a cross cut but I sure as hell wouldn't want to work with it all day compared to the Husky. Anti vibe :001_smile: I am impressed with rotatechs products, and I'm not related to them in any way, we're a small forestry team working out of North Wales, and for the price you can not go wrong, as we skid the majority of our timber out. We have found it quite hard to sharpen out in the field, you need good quality files. We asked about this at the APF and there rectifying this? In the past we've normally just thrown them on the bench grinder and take a couple of loops to work. Whilst I was at the APF they also gave me a sample bottle of there chain oil to try. All I can say is it does what it says on the tin. So I've done another short video and tried to get it as scientific as possible. Same saw, same bar length, one rotatech 3/8's chisel chain and one Oregon lp chain, same piece of hard wood, same weather conditions, same operator and same fuel in the saw. Now there's not a lot in it, but one of them is faster.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

It's not about who's got the best chain or the fastest etc, it's about getting the job done and costs for us. But that's only our opinion. Theres no point wasting expensive top brand chain on skidding operations, when you can get hold of cheaper stuff that cuts just as good if not better.

Chipper is a "tag" that has stuck with semi chisel chain , i suppose it is the closest modern offering to a true chipper chain , wipes the floor with full chisel in dirty wood IMO

Chipper chain is what came after scratcher chain which had lots of teeth both sides of the links and cut more like a conventional saw with a set to create the kerf. I've been reading my history lessons, I bet it was a bitch to sharpen.

Hi All

Been sat back watching this unfold. We sent a couple of videos to rotatech, didn't realise it was going to get so scrutinised. We were just having a mess around in the yard as we'd finished early. All the timber in the video was hard as hell, 2yrs wind blow Sitka Spruce and we just grabbed a couple of saws and had a mess around with them and decided to take a couple of videos. In the video of the 2 lads cutting either end of the pole, the 576 chain is not on backwards, he may have hit a hard knot, or maybe its just the Dolly has the edge :001_smile: In fact I know the Dolly is more powerful on a cross cut but I sure as hell wouldn't want to work with it all day compared to the Husky. Anti vibe :001_smile: I am impressed with rotatechs products, and I'm not related to them in any way, we're a small forestry team working out of North Wales, and for the price you can not go wrong, as we skid the majority of our timber out. We have found it quite hard to sharpen out in the field, you need good quality files. We asked about this at the APF and there rectifying this? In the past we've normally just thrown them on the bench grinder and take a couple of loops to work. Whilst I was at the APF they also gave me a sample bottle of there chain oil to try. All I can say is it does what it says on the tin. So I've done another short video and tried to get it as scientific as possible. Same saw, same bar length, one rotatech 3/8's chisel chain and one Oregon lp chain, same piece of hard wood, same weather conditions, same operator and same fuel in the saw. Now there's not a lot in it, but one of them is faster.

It's not about who's got the best chain or the fastest etc, it's about getting the job done and costs for us. But that's only our opinion. Theres no point wasting expensive top brand chain on skidding operations, when you can get hold of cheaper stuff that cuts just as good if not better.

On the outcome of that video that chain has too have a shot at the chance too show its durability in tough conditions over the next few weeks / months

And the bars will hopefully get the same test

Have you got any big twisty western hemlock to cut :lol::lol:

Hey Pete you got that Dolmar running sweeter than honey :thumbup::thumbup:

Do you sell on Amazon marketplace?

I'm very lazy when it comes to buying things. I don't do PayPal since getting my account hacked a couple of years back.

I would buy a couple to try if you did!

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry to hear you got hacked. Paypal have extremely strong security now, but I understand your concerns.

You can buy using your card - via Sage Pay on our website. rotatechsawchain.co.uk

You can buy through Amazon here, [ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rotatech/pages/10563843031[/ame]

If you have any problems, please let me know.

Thanks,

Nicola

Are these just rebadged piranha chains? If so, I wasn't overly impressed with the chains on smaller saws. Don't know what the 3/8 ones would be like.

Yes, however there has been a lot of improvements to the chains in the last year. They are still much cheaper than the other quality chains. They now have blued steel, and are pre stretched. We are that sure that you will be happy with them, we offer a 100% money back guarantee.

You can see the full range here, Rotatech Chains & Bars - Northern ARB Supplies

For what its worth?

I bought 2 x rototech chains at the apf,for my 372 with 24 inch bar on.

I had a specific job in mind,ringing and splitting a lime which had a butt of 4 foot diameter,i guessed there might be metal or stone inside so didnt want to sacrifice a new oregon chain.

Sure enough i soon hit something,and lost edge completely it took a triple sharpening to remove the damage(big loss of chrome)but the rotatech seems to have come through it and is now ringing up nicely again.

It cost me £20 for the pair of chains ,which i thought was good value for how they perform.

Ideal for certain jobs and good enough for most users.

Thank you for the positive comment. I am glad to hear that you have been saving money with the Rotatech Chainsaw Chains. We have been hearing lots of good things about our files recently. They are really good for our chains. You can see our range here, Files & Filing Kits - Northern ARB Supplies