Video Rotatech vs Leading brand

Northernarbsupplies

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth?

I bought 2 x rototech chains at the apf,for my 372 with 24 inch bar on.

I had a specific job in mind,ringing and splitting a lime which had a butt of 4 foot diameter,i guessed there might be metal or stone inside so didnt want to sacrifice a new oregon chain.

Sure enough i soon hit something,and lost edge completely it took a triple sharpening to remove the damage(big loss of chrome)but the rotatech seems to have come through it and is now ringing up nicely again.

It cost me £20 for the pair of chains ,which i thought was good value for how they perform.

Ideal for certain jobs and good enough for most users.

Tbh for anyone doing a lot of clearance type work where its possible to write a chain off in a day there could be a cost advantage,by the same token a lot of people would do themselves a favour by using chipper type chain for this type of work.

I am a bit of an old fashioned bugger and always use chipper, but it suits me and the kind of work I generally do,..and its certainly kinder on the wrists when you are cutting big hardwoods.

Seriously? If that's a genuine 70cc brand new husky with an oregon,husky or maybe a stihl chain then he needs to take it back to his dealer as it's running like a piece of shite.

I would be in serious trouble if that's what a 70cc machine performed like!

According to the original blog one is a dolly 7900 the other is a 576 , I think they put the chain on the husky back to front.

Whichever way you look at it its hardly a comparison and however much we mock it its hardly us that's taking the mick here is it ?

Whichever way you look at it its hardly a comparison and however much we mock it its hardly us that's taking the mick here is it ?

I think it detracts from the brand. It's one thing to compete on price, another to make out it's far superior to well established products that we all know perform well on the basis of this video

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I think it detracts from the brand. It's one thing to compete on price, another to make out it's far superior to well established products that we all know perform well on the basis of this video

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Agreed, I haven't used this chain so will not knock the product. I have used one cheap brand chain and only one when we were really stuck for one and it was all we could get,..it was useless and based on that would not buy another.

I can honestly say in over 40 years of cutting I have had no issues with major brand chains, apart from the odd one needing a rub when new, bearing in mind when I first started a lot of fallers used waste oil for chain lube it kind of speaks for itself.

Theres nothing , apart from a saw that is a pig to start, that pisses me off more than a bad chain.

Theres nothing , apart from a saw that is a pig to start, that pisses me off more than a bad chain.

I couldn't agree more :thumbup1:

On the subject of Rotatech, I bought a couple but haven't had a chance to try them yet as there's a few mil still left on the chain I'm using but I will give my feedback as and when.

by the same token a lot of people would do themselves a favour by using chipper type chain for this type of work.

Isn't all chain chipper chain now? It just means the chain has a depth gauge (the raker) which is standard to all the chain I've bought cheap or otherwise.