Video Rotatech vs Leading brand

Northernarbsupplies

Hi All

Been sat back watching this unfold. We sent a couple of videos to rotatech, didn't realise it was going to get so scrutinised. We were just having a mess around in the yard as we'd finished early. All the timber in the video was hard as hell, 2yrs wind blow Sitka Spruce and we just grabbed a couple of saws and had a mess around with them and decided to take a couple of videos. In the video of the 2 lads cutting either end of the pole, the 576 chain is not on backwards, he may have hit a hard knot, or maybe its just the Dolly has the edge :001_smile: In fact I know the Dolly is more powerful on a cross cut but I sure as hell wouldn't want to work with it all day compared to the Husky. Anti vibe :001_smile: I am impressed with rotatechs products, and I'm not related to them in any way, we're a small forestry team working out of North Wales, and for the price you can not go wrong, as we skid the majority of our timber out. We have found it quite hard to sharpen out in the field, you need good quality files. We asked about this at the APF and there rectifying this? In the past we've normally just thrown them on the bench grinder and take a couple of loops to work. Whilst I was at the APF they also gave me a sample bottle of there chain oil to try. All I can say is it does what it says on the tin. So I've done another short video and tried to get it as scientific as possible. Same saw, same bar length, one rotatech 3/8's chisel chain and one Oregon lp chain, same piece of hard wood, same weather conditions, same operator and same fuel in the saw. Now there's not a lot in it, but one of them is faster.

It's not about who's got the best chain or the fastest etc, it's about getting the job done and costs for us. But that's only our opinion. Theres no point wasting expensive top brand chain on skidding operations, when you can get hold of cheaper stuff that cuts just as good if not better.

Just shown these videos to my Mrs who has never used a saw but loves wood.

Now she thinks you are trying to sell the chain in the second video but she would have the one in the first as she feels it's a cleaner cut and also looks smoother in use.

I bought 2 of the piranha chains for cutting my firewood which is mainly arb wast. I don't feel they are really any better or worse for what I need so to me the saving is worth it.

Rob

Horsepowerimages

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought two the other week for my ms251, as getting to bottom of some log piles and dirtier wood, definitely not faster out the box than the stihl chain I took off, but zero kick back compared to the stihl chains I've been running on it, no bogging in the cut and despite clipping nails twice kept going with no problem, the stihl chains would have needed sharpening straight after, and best of all two chains for the less than the cost of one stihl one and some change left 👍

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

Yes thats right the cutter on the right seemed to be putting too much effort into getting through the log, and in doing so was slowed down,plus the left hand side operator was very skilled in the up and down cuts. No mention of what chain the slower one was using. May be he needs to go to Saw Chain UK Suppliers of Maya Sawchain:thumbup:

You are always welcome to give the chains a test for yourself. We offer a 100% money back gurentee; we are that sure you will be happy with them.

Just shown these videos to my Mrs who has never used a saw but loves wood.

Now she thinks you are trying to sell the chain in the second video but she would have the one in the first as she feels it's a cleaner cut and also looks smoother in use.

I bought 2 of the piranha chains for cutting my firewood which is mainly arb wast. I don't feel they are really any better or worse for what I need so to me the saving is worth it.

Rob

Horsepowerimages

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear you are making a good saving using it. The video wasn't made to sell the chains. They are customers having some fun. We edited it to promote the chains.

Bought two the other week for my ms251, as getting to bottom of some log piles and dirtier wood, definitely not faster out the box than the stihl chain I took off, but zero kick back compared to the stihl chains I've been running on it, no bogging in the cut and despite clipping nails twice kept going with no problem, the stihl chains would have needed sharpening straight after, and best of all two chains for the less than the cost of one stihl one and some change left 👍

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you found the Rotatech chains better overall. Have you tried the files? Some people have found them much easier to use on our chains.

I had one of the first batch of chains, which I didn't feel were quite up to the standards of leading brands...they have improved since for sure. Yesterday I got a chance to use a 404 chain which did approximately 3 hours of work on a large Ash trunk. I was quite impressed with it, didn't lose its edge until I hit a few pieces of metal and even then the damage was no more than I would have expected on any chain really.

I just bought some to try, just a couple of points, why can't you do full chisel for top handle saws and on the drop down menu on your web site on the husky page can you no add an opinion for a 3/8 chain for the 560xp I forgot ours like a lot have been swapped from. 325 so got the wrong chains.

Also I like the little bags they come in, and good protection and far better than a box.

Sent from my 9022X using Arbtalk mobile app

I just bought some to try, just a couple of points, why can't you do full chisel for top handle saws and on the drop down menu on your web site on the husky page can you no add an opinion for a 3/8 chain for the 560xp I forgot ours like a lot have been swapped from. 325 so got the wrong chains.

Also I like the little bags they come in, and good protection and far better than a box.

Sent from my 9022X using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi Ian,

Glad you like our bags. They do seem to be popular with customers.

We don’t do full chisel on top handles at the moment. This might change in the future, if we think the demand has increased. In our trial stages we found that more people preferred semi-chisel on top handled saws.

We list the standard options on the make & model selector to make it easier for people with not much saw knowledge, we believe by adding that option it would cause more confusion for people who don’t know much about chain specs. If you know you run a different chain to standard you are best off using the “by pitch, gauge & no. of links” section of our website.