Wedding or stump grinding ?

Stefan Palokangas

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't just suffer today my friend, I'm sure you'll be reminded during just about every argument for the next ten years:biggrin:

If I was in that kind of relationship, I'd know it wasn't a good one! No real forgiveness. Done in jest fair enough but the heat of an argument. Sounds more like a competition than teamwork.

Just saying not judging.

Stefan, I think the biggest mistake you made in this situation was to say you would go to the wedding in the first place.

I hate weddings. Ihave blown many out in the past on the reason that I don't like weddings and to travel a long distance there and back to do something I hate.

I suppose it depends on the importance of the friendship/relationship with the bride and groom. Family, close/old friends then yes, I go.

My missus' boss's daughter? Probably would have declined when first asked.

One thing I will say though, it would have to be an extremely important task to risk the fallout from blowing my missus out like that.

Stumpgrinding would not be one of those tasks I'm afraid. Or work for that matter and it would have to extremely well paid in order to pay for whatever it takes to get you out of the dog house.

Edited by Rich Rule

Only a dirty bird would find them dirty hands appealing! Wouldn't of been good if he'd gone to the wedding and giving the bride a congratulatory hug. That would if really ruined things!

Give it a break man, he's welding up his equipment..:thumbdown:

And, is there any need to to imply disparaging insinuation's against his miss's?... out of order:thumbdown:

Is it both battery connections to disconnect when welding?? Searched it but it's a big debate about it, I always thought you disconnect the +

You disconnect the earth/ground lead, usually the negative - on modern kit with an alternator. If there are roller bearings on the thing you are welding connect your welding ground as close as you can to your weld so you don't arc through the bearings.

I'm eating dog food tonight sleeping in the spare room, washing cleaning full house, repairing my stump grinder and still a good 3 hours work in it and it's now 20:19... It's a bless I'm a such strong and positive bloke, most of you would not have coped with this, I got work first thing in morning and if lucky when I cleaned full house after this I might have got some sleep but I doubt it... Walk in my shoes and judge me afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk