Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

28 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I've been following this case for a day or two now..

I'm a bit conflicted to be honest.  On the one hand Tomy is an idiot for doin what he did, though I'm not sure he understood he was doin anything  wrong.

Apparently the case was under a banning order and its not mean't to be publicly commented on apparently.  though Tommy had only reported what the local papers had to say..  being careful not to overstep the mark..

The real issue is not Tomy or his jail sentence but the use of banning orders in such cases..  wouldn't want to incite the general public would we now.   If your asking me we should be asking who invoked the banning order and why.

Teresa May springs to mind.   wouldn't be good for her to have this sort of thing to deal with as well as everything else she's got on her plate..

anyways, next time theres a football lads alliance demo, I might just make the effort to attend..   

9 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

I've been following this case for a day or two now..

(1) I'm a bit conflicted to be honest.  (2) On the one hand Tomy is an idiot for doin what he did, (3) though I'm not sure he understood he was doin anything  wrong.

Apparently the case was under a banning order and its not mean't to be publicly commented on apparently.  though Tommy had only reported what the local papers had to say..  being careful not to overstep the mark..

(4) The real issue is not Tomy or his jail sentence but the use of banning orders in such cases..  wouldn't want to incite the general public would we now.   If your asking me we should be asking who invoked the banning order and why.

(5) Teresa May springs to mind.   wouldn't be good for her to have this sort of thing to deal with as well as everything else she's got on her plate..

(6) anyways, next time theres a football lads alliance demo, I might just make the effort to attend..   

Red = disagree

Amber = Not sure what you mean

Green = Agree

(1) What is confusing you....?  That's most uncharacteristic!

(2) & (3) He knew exactly what he was doing! Raising the profile and bating the radical Muslim community to show their true colours whilst simualtaneously stoking the fires of (understandable) outrage.

(4) Agreed!  There was a banning order because we mustn't talk about such things for fear of raising a pitch-fork wielding mob or upsetting the delicate disposition of radical islam (and exposing the fact that it's not wholly restricted to a minority radical fringe, but more broadly inculcated within a broad spectrum of that demographic.)

(5) Tin foil hat there mate, way below her pay grade!  Chief Constable more likely candidate perhaps...

(6) Me too....  Maybe that was the point all along and illustrative of (3)....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

a further 10k signatures since I posted it here....  Well done the AT massive!!!  ?

30 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Red = disagree

Amber = Not sure what you mean

Green = Agree

(1) What is confusing you....?  That's most uncharacteristic!

(2) & (3) He knew exactly what he was doing! Raising the profile and bating the radical Muslim community to show their true colours whilst simualtaneously stoking the fires of (understandable) outrage.

(4) Agreed!  There was a banning order because we mustn't talk about such things for fear of raising a pitch-fork wielding mob or upsetting the delicate disposition of radical islam (and exposing the fact that it's not wholly restricted to a minority radical fringe, but more broadly inculcated within a broad spectrum of that demographic.)

(5) Tin foil hat there mate, way below her pay grade!  Chief Constable more likely candidate perhaps...

(6) Me too....  Maybe that was the point all along and illustrative of (3)....

I was watching the live stream when Tommy asked the policeman if it was OK to film were he was, he knew or believed he was OK to film there but not on the property of the court..   It might be Tomy believed he wasn't allowed access to the court and to report the court proceedings..

Teresa May did everything in her power to get Tomy Jailed first time round..   goin to the trouble of jailing him for mortgage fraud..   I imagine a phone call by the judge to a middle party giving the go ahead for his arrest and imprisonment..

Tomy has become a political figure, you tend to tread gently with those people..   which makes you wonder if the OK wasn't given from the top.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Another brilliant bit of reporting from The Fail. It's not historic, it's not a paddle steamer, and it's not a £245k boat. Let's not get mixed up with the detail though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5774945/Paddle-steamer-boat-MV-Oliver-Cromwell-sinks-Irish-Sea-Holyhead.html

Don't mean to be picky but is that not a rotary paddle on the back , as it goes under ?  I know its not a side by side but still a paddle , possibly ? No steam though .

Edited by Stubby