Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, the village idiot said:

He's got you bang to rights there Kev. Argue your way out of that one! :D

Peasy......!

He can't agree to disagree because he's insufficiently committed to his stance to believe that we will always disagree, he knows he'll come round when the light dawns....

Or, that he is only faking his disagreement because there's no point arguing with someone you agree with....

:lol:

So if subsidies are cut land prices wouldn't fall? I think you need to go back to economics school....

For reason already stated I don’t think they will fall.
So again owners won’t care as they own it and will simply either stop producing or let it go wild (since they are all so rich they don’t need more money)
2 the uk is small and they are not making any more land that I can see.
3 all these immigrants need housing so it could get built on
4 prices would rise making your argument pointless anyway.
But it will cause yet more problems for tenant farmers as landowners wont want to accept less rent.

If you actually took in what I said you would see that I’m not against subsidies being scrapped! I just can’t see it working that’s all

We know Richard1234 is from a farming family. I'd guess you're also from a farming family?

It's almost amusing how farmers take money from the taxpayers' pocket and say they are doing it for the good of the taxpayer. Then instead of the farmers saying "thank you" to the taxpayer they repeatedly complain they aren't getting enough money. 

#vestedinterests 

Are you being deliberately dim?

Farmers want to be paid enough for the product. The people of this country want ridiculously cheap food, it can’t work well both ways.

Go buy a farm and see how long you could make it pay WITH the subsidy.

To add I personally don’t care what happens now. Farming is dead in my family. I’ll buy about 5 acres with a property when I find the right one but not to work it as a farm

22 minutes ago, matelot said:

So if subsidies are cut land prices wouldn't fall? I think you need to go back to economics school....

Last week I had to show you workings out for getting to 20% it’s a bit rich coming from you telling somebody else to go back to school when you went to 3 unis and still struggle with basic math. 

2 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

For reason already stated I don’t think they will fall.
So again owners won’t care as they own it and will simply either stop producing or let it go wild (since they are all so rich they don’t need more money)
2 the uk is small and they are not making any more land that I can see.
3 all these immigrants need housing so it could get built on
4 prices would rise making your argument pointless anyway.
But it will cause yet more problems for tenant farmers as landowners wont want to accept less rent.

If you actually took in what I said you would see that I’m not against subsidies being scrapped! I just can’t see it working that’s all

Honestly Richard, if you can't see that reducing subsidies to farmers would reduce farmland prices there's really not a lot of point discussing the issue with you. 

I hope farm subsidies are slashed. Then in ten years time you can come back here and tell us if it made any difference to farmland prices ? 

He's got you bang to rights there Kev. Argue your way out of that one! [emoji3]

Peasy......!

He can't agree to disagree because he's insufficiently committed to his stance to believe that we will always disagree, he knows he'll come round when the light dawns....

Or, that he is only faking his disagreement because there's no point arguing with someone you agree with....

:lol:

Very good boys!

I appreciate your humour, as I’m sure you’ll appreciate your own humour over your cup of tea in the morning with possibly a dash of MILK and maybe a couple of SUGARS before you put on your LEATHER (bit of long shot this one) boots, and eat your EGG sandwiches at lunchtime. Or maybe a LATTE does you all day long.

16 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Are you being deliberately dim?

Farmers want to be paid enough for the product. The people of this country want ridiculously cheap food, it can’t work well both ways.

What other business gets to decide "they get paid enough for the product"? One minute farmers want all the perks of running their own businesses then the next minute they want the Government to step in and make sure they don't suffer losses...