Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

On 31/10/2017 at 09:47, eggsarascal said:

They're Baps, not Buns!

And they've been ruined with that Tomato Ketchup.

They are cobs, when we were delivering a bike up North from here we went into a cafe and asked for a bacon cob and they looked at us gone out, apparently it's a stottie up there.

On 04/10/2017 at 20:24, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Stupid, Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, isn't Mr E.  

Educated at Eton and Oxford, President of the Oxford Union, journalist with the Times, editor of the Spectator, London Mayor and Foreign Secretary....

Lest we forget, he had a cult like following as London Mayor - crowds chanting his name and I think it'd be a fairly safe bet that he WILL be PM one day.  

I doubt he actually says much without thinking it through fully beforehand.  Some of what he says will not be popular with some people but with a CV like his, I also doubt he cares about trying to please all the people all the time.  We all know that's just not possible! 

Morning Mr Johnson. Do you think Boris fully thought through what he said about Nazanin Zachariah-Ratclffe recently?

8 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Morning Mr Johnson. Do you think Boris fully thought through what he said about Nazanin Zachariah-Ratclffe recently?

Ah Mr E, good question!!  And well remembered!!!

I suppose there are (at least) 2 parts to consider...

What was she actually doing there, and whether he should have said 'anything' about it....

I haven't bothered to try and understand much about it, tragic for that family no doubt, but it's 1 person incarcerated overseas where as many UK families are equally, or to a greater degree, affected by road fatalities every day, similarly many 1000's will die of cold related poverty in the UK this coming Winter - just 2 examples that happen year on year, so I'm kind of ranking the tragedy of 1 family according to a wider scale of hardship in my 'compassion calculator' (not overly generous at the best of times.)

All of that considered, what was she actually doing there?  If a former Iranian national ex-pat in UK just visiting home, surely a keen awareness of the potential consequences of sticking ones head above the parapet in a country not unknown for draconian sub judicial procedures would be paramount in every waking moment of consciousness?  

I would very much like to visit Iran, but if I ever did, I wouldn't so much as J walk or 'look' at an official in what might be interpreted as a quizzical manner (both would take a herculean effort probably beyond my mortal capability!) 

So what was she 'actually' doing there?  Either (a) as an 'unofficial representative' of UK gov, in which case - perks of the job, or (b) a UK citizen innocently on holiday in the homeland and genuinely, unfairly incarcerated by a foreign government, in which case - it's 1 person in the greater scale of things.

I guess that's a long way round saying, I couldn't really give a monkeys.

The crux of it though....

Should Boris, as Foreign secretary, have blundered into it.....?  Probably not his finest moment I'll concede! If only 'knowing when to say nothing' was that easy...  But if it was, this forum would be dull as Guinness!!  :D

I'm guessing, what you really wanted to ask was (without wishing to preempt).....

"...Come on then, 2 Ministers fired, 1 under investigation and 1 negligently shooting his mouth off, what sort of shower of sh1te is this...?"

(side note - would very much appreciate a chance to talk PC again soon) 

38 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I know what a shower of shite they are, 'tis fun watching them implode mind.

Will Mrs May be in the same job come the new year?

Give us a call and we can chew the fat about PC.

If theres no movement on brexit by the europeans by christmas, then I'll give May three days after her next walking holiday to resign..