Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

47 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Just makes me think that pretty much everything is a joke. I really am past caring, I'm only looking out for me and mine, everyone else is on their own.

I know what you mean but the world still needs good people, I just care now about things I can control or make a difference to be that fundraising when I do stupid events or like last night when passing 2 homeless chaps on the way home, knowing storm Brian was on route I went to the garage and bought them 2 coffees and a bag of food only a tenner to me to them ......

For the world to continue having/being good people need to do good. 

• Like 8

On 19/10/2017 at 18:53, WesD said:

@eggsarascal did you manage to have a think on the water? Private or public which is/has provided a better service taking costings into account etc?

I'm probably not best qualified to answer the question because I never worked for a Water Authority when they were publicly owned, neither as Mrs Egg even though she has worked for the same company for 27 years.

what I will say is when I first started virtually all managers worked their way up off the tools, they knew the job inside out. Most of them could tell the lads/lasses on the ground what the cause of a problem was at certain sites without getting out of their chair. Over the years things changed, folk only got a managers job if they had a degree, didn't matter what that degree was in, just a degree was good enough!

We went from straight forward job cards onto Sap, what a fecking shambles!, We spent more time driving than we did working, cuz that what the system told you to do, and when the idea of bringing in the new system is the 'baby' of one of the directors you are stuck with it if it works or not! The money wasted was phenomenal!

Do I think it would be better off back in the hands of the public sector?, Mmm I'm not sure. Lots of money is wasted in the public sector. That said private companies have to make money for their overseas owners. The company I worked for are owned by a Canadian hedge fund company and a French pension fund company.

perhaps they should be brought back in house and the money received invested back into the assets they need to maintain?

fire fighting is ok for a short while but you can't beat PPM for keeping on top of things.

• Thanks 1

On 21/10/2017 at 20:32, WesD said:

I know what you mean but the world still needs good people, I just care now about things I can control or make a difference to be that fundraising when I do stupid events or like last night when passing 2 homeless chaps on the way home, knowing storm Brian was on route I went to the garage and bought them 2 coffees and a bag of food only a tenner to me to them ......

For the world to continue having/being good people need to do good. 

You are of cause correct.

Mine was a poor post. I'd been out celebrating my birthday and had a few drinks. I'd seen the news earlier in the day and it had really ticked me off :thumbdown: 

Sajid Javid, called on the industry to offer solutions to the home-buying and selling process!  He said between 275,000 and 300,000 homes a year - a level of house-building not seen since the 1960s - were needed in England alone to help tackle the shortage in affordable housing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41714128

Anyone else see the glaringly obvious similarity between net annual inwards migration figures and the 'need' for new homes?

FFS!  This is not rocket science!! 

• Like 2

Sajid Javid, called on the industry to offer solutions to the home-buying and selling process!  He said between 275,000 and 300,000 homes a year - a level of house-building not seen since the 1960s - were needed in England alone to help tackle the shortage in affordable housing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41714128

Anyone else see the glaringly obvious similarity between net annual inwards migration figures and the 'need' for new homes?

FFS!  This is not rocket science!! 

Do all these immigrants need a whole house each?......
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Richard 1234 said:

Do all these immigrants need a whole house each?......

no matter how many immigrants stay in a house the fact remains that mass immigration is making the housing situation worse..... imho, migrants just shouldn't be getting council or social housing....

• 2 weeks later...