Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

12 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Honesty is easy. If it ain't yours keep your thieving hands off it. And if it isn't the truth it's a lie.

you can't really argue about interpretations in this case. People died, people lost all the possessions. Then low life scum attempted to jump on the bandwagon to profit. 

There's a problem if someone has to start wondering how to define honesty, morality or integrity in this case. It's not exactly eating a couple of grapes from the display in Sainsbury's. 

Anyone involved in a false claim of losing family in that fire wants their faces plastered over billboards in the borough.

There is no truth, only perspective.

So the queen owns the whole country and thats OK?

I used to see the world as very black and white, but I've grown up since then.

As my post said, they are "despicable", but they are not alone and many who already have more than most are happy to play the system to get MORE.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

So the queen owns the whole country and thats OK?

It's ok with me until she wants to move into my home:D

I used to see the world as very black and white, but I've grown up since then. I apologise if my childish opinion offends.

As my post said, they are "despicable", but they are not alone and many who already have more than most are happy to play the system to get MORE. And there always will be. But I'd like to think that decent, honest and hardworking normal folk are still in the majority. The type who would help a neighbour rather than steal from him, put themselves out to aid others and give someone else a leg up in life. 

Simplistic? Probably. But once you attempt to excuse these actions, then you become part of the problem and complicit in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyhuck said:

I used to see the world as very black and white, but I've grown up since then.

Yeah, quite right. That Adolf Hitler chap was only doing what he thought best by setting up all those death camps. From his "perspective" he was doing the right thing. 

With the greatest respect. We do need some hard and fast moral rules for society to function. Without these rules we might as well go back to living in caves and fighting each other with big clubs.

• Like 1

Cat amongst pigeons alert!

Google 'racial profile of Grenfell Tower fraud.'  

I'm guessing it wasn't 100% occupied by "not British" residents and accept that it's not an exact science since the actual figures are be subdued - note the number of Googe hits that come up "sorry, that page has been removed / is not available", or, (if you're an apologist) it's probably because of the racial mix of the building.

I'm not making any assumptions, just presenting the (limited) headlines from the Google search:

(1) A 46-year-old woman has been charged with six counts of fraud in relation to the Grenfell Tower fire, Scotland Yard has said.  Joyce Msokeri was arrested in July after allegedly making fraudulent claims for support offered to the survivors of the devastating blaze that killed at least 80 people. 

(2) Anh Nhu Nguyen, 52, of Beckenham, Kent, is accused of conning charities and Kensington and Chelsea Council out of the money by posing as a victim of the inferno for almost two weeks.

Yup, that's right 2!

Then it becomes kinda hard to find any details.....  What I thought would be an opportunity for the apologists to say "well of course they're all not British born, the building was full of incomers" but what I now think is that the figures are being deliberately withheld from public consumption....

Now why might that be the case?

17 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Cat amongst pigeons alert!

Google 'racial profile of Grenfell Tower fraud.'  

I'm guessing it wasn't 100% occupied by "not British" residents and accept that it's not an exact science since the actual figures are be subdued - note the number of Googe hits that come up "sorry, that page has been removed / is not available", or, (if you're an apologist) it's probably because of the racial mix of the building.

I'm not making any assumptions, just presenting the (limited) headlines from the Google search:

(1) A 46-year-old woman has been charged with six counts of fraud in relation to the Grenfell Tower fire, Scotland Yard has said.  Joyce Msokeri was arrested in July after allegedly making fraudulent claims for support offered to the survivors of the devastating blaze that killed at least 80 people. 

(2) Anh Nhu Nguyen, 52, of Beckenham, Kent, is accused of conning charities and Kensington and Chelsea Council out of the money by posing as a victim of the inferno for almost two weeks.

Yup, that's right 2!

Then it becomes kinda hard to find any details.....  What I thought would be an opportunity for the apologists to say "well of course they're all not British born, the building was full of incomers" but what I now think is that the figures are being deliberately withheld from public consumption....

Now why might that be the case?

Because it will give racists something else to hate about? A thief and a fraudster is a thief and a fraudster, it doesnt matter where they come from does it?

Hopefully the scum who are trying to benefit by deceit from this tragedy will be dealt with, hanging would be a good start.

• Like 1