Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Because it will give racists something else to hate about? A thief and a fraudster is a thief and a fraudster, it doesnt matter where they come from does it?

Hopefully the scum who are trying to benefit by deceit from this tragedy will be dealt with, hanging would be a good start.

The thing is some cultures are just more dishonest than others.... You might consider that "racist", however we all know it's true.....

6 hours ago, Mesterh said:

Nope you are just being a racist and you won't see it any other way, which is a fact unlike your bs theory.

Serious question. Have you ever been to the Third World? I have and it's noticeable how more corrupt it is. My mate's brother was in the Merchant Navy. He was joining his ship in India. He was at immigration control where an official told him "I'm going to plant some cannabis in your luggage unless you give me $100". Do you think that would happen in the UK?

If you don't believe me why don't you go there yourself to find out? Or at the very least discuss the issue with someone that's been?

Or if all these things are too much for you just watch crimewatch on the telly and some of those "the sheriff officers are coming" programmes?

PS I love arguing with someone that shows himself out of touch with reality. 

O.o

Seriously that's you argument for saying all foreigners are idiot thieves? Some bloke says he got done for £100 by a copper and there's a few nasty black men on the telly. Have you been outside your house, there are loads of white people doing this every day too you know. I'm sure there are plenty of bent English coppers and whenever I've been the victim of a crime is been a British citizen that committed it.

I don't need to travel to anywhere to understand that that wherever you go there will be corruption to some degree

How is not tarring everyone with the same brush out of touch with reality?  That is all that you are saying, an answer to this would be nice.

I asked a question earlier on but since no one has replied how about you do. 

Does it matter where a thief comes from, ie does their race or religion matter?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

O.o

Seriously that's you argument for saying all foreigners are idiot thieves? Some bloke says he got done for £100 by a copper and there's a few nasty black men on the telly. Have you been outside your house, there are loads of white people doing this every day too you know. I'm sure there are plenty of bent English coppers and whenever I've been the victim of a crime is been a British citizen that committed it.

I don't need to travel to anywhere to understand that that wherever you go there will be corruption to some degree

I'm not saying all foreigners are corrupt... However most of us know that some cultures are more corrupt than others... If you don't want to believe me why don't you see what Transparency International have to say?

https://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview

Or maybe you'd take the word of ex PM David Cameron? He famously called Nigeria and Afghanistan "fantastically corrupt".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36260193

I think sometimes in life you just have to accept that sometimes other people have a better idea of what the truth is. If you've never been to the Third World I don't think you have much to add to the debate.

Anyway, you crack on with showing everyone your ignorance and lack of understanding.

Serious question. Have you ever been to the Third World? I have and it's noticeable how more corrupt it is. My mate's brother was in the Merchant Navy. He was joining his ship in India. He was at immigration control where an official told him "I'm going to plant some cannabis in your luggage unless you give me $100". Do you think that would happen in the UK?

If you don't believe me why don't you go there yourself to find out? Or at the very least discuss the issue with someone that's been?

Or if all these things are too much for you just watch crimewatch on the telly and some of those "the sheriff officers are coming" programmes?

PS I love arguing with someone that shows himself out of touch with reality. 

Quite happy to chip in for a ticket.
One way, to send you to "the third world".
Guarantee you'll learn something.
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, matelot said:

I'm not saying all foreigners are corrupt... However most of us know that some cultures are more corrupt than others... If you don't want to believe me why don't you see what Transparency International have to say?

https://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview

Or maybe you'd take the word of ex PM David Cameron? He famously called Nigeria and Afghanistan "fantastically corrupt".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36260193

I think sometimes in life you just have to accept that sometimes other people have a better idea of what the truth is. If you've never been to the Third World I don't think you have much to add to the debate.

Anyway, you crack on with showing everyone your ignorance and lack of understanding.

Please , just because you have visited a third world country does not mean that anybody should listen to what you have to say never mind treat it as gospel.

Who cares what Cameron said and what does a corrupt government have to do with anything? Please explain this to me as I must be an idiot. Are we suggesting that because someone comes from a more corrupt country than ours then we shouldnt let them in? Looks like the UK is more corrupt than some of the Scandinavian countries, Germany, Canada and a couple of other places! Tough luck to the lads who have moved there for work, looks like you are dragging that country down and you should be kicked out pronto, shame on you English scum.

Fortunately, like most people I have cognitive abilities which allow me to think outside of the box, its not all monkey see monkey do with most of us you know?

Imagine a world where we couldn't comment, make a decision, or act upon anything we havent witnessed first hand! I mean how dare a judge, for example, sentence a criminal if he has never been a victim of crime?? Or how can he decide how long the sentence should be without doing time himself??

Anyway where are the answers to my questions?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Please , just because you have visited a third world country does not mean that anybody should listen to what you have to say never mind treat it as gospel.

Who cares what Cameron said and what does a corrupt government have to do with anything? Please explain this to me as I must be an idiot. Are we suggesting that because someone comes from a more corrupt country than ours then we shouldnt let them in? Looks like the UK is more corrupt than some of the Scandinavian countries, Germany, Canada and a couple of other places! Tough luck to the lads who have moved there for work, looks like you are dragging that country down and you should be kicked out pronto, shame on you English scum.

Fortunately, like most people I have cognitive abilities which allow me to think outside of the box, its not all monkey see monkey do with most of us you know?

Imagine a world where we couldn't comment, make a decision, or act upon anything we havent witnessed first hand! I mean how dare a judge, for example, sentence a criminal if he has never been a victim of crime?? Or how can he decide how long the sentence should be without doing time himself??

Anyway where are the answers to my questions?

OK, let's recap this conversation.

I'm saying some cultures are more corrupt than others. I base this viewpoint on:

1. Personally seeing the amount of corruption in the third world.

2. Talking to others that have visited the third world and hearing their tales of corruption.

3. The views of Transparency International saying that some countries are more corrupt than others.

4. David Cameron saying some countries were "fantastically corrupt".

You've added nothing to the debate apart from shouting "racist".

There's a saying "better be quiet and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt". Perhaps you could contemplate what it means?

Yes that is how debates work, if I don't agree with you im a fool. 

Looking at those facts the UK is more corrupt than some other countries so by your reasoning we shouldn't be allowed into said countries correct? 

You are saying we shouldn't allow immigration from more corrupt countries, I think your wrong.

I don't deny that there is a lot of corruption in the world but I don't see that everyone from those countries is corrupt otherwise I should have to include myself too looking at the facts.

Just because someone from say Romania robs some old granny doesn't make me think my good, hard working, tax paying Romania neighbor is a thief too. Thats the difference between a racist and a normal thinking person. I can differentiate between the two, one is a thief the other isn't, it's not because he is from Romania that makes him a thief. 

We could start taking it further and stop importing goods and services from said corrupt countries, I wonder how that would pan out for us?

• Like 1