Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

29 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I don't deny that there is a lot of corruption in the world but I don't see that everyone from those countries is corrupt otherwise I should have to include myself too looking at the facts.

Has anyone actually said everyone from places like Nigeria and Afghanistan is corrupt? However the fact remains that some cultures are notorious for corruption.

It's tiring having a discussion with someone that keeps making things up 9_9

xD

You twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. Are you taking about cultures or countries? You link facts to countries, then talk about cultures! It's not like we need to read between the lines and your being subtle about what you say. Just because you haven't actually said you hate xxx foreigners doesn't make anyone reading your posts think that you aren't a racist, ok maybe a couple do but then they think the same way you do.

You have too much hate for people that one, you don't know and two, have done nothing to offend you, that is fairly sad mate. Please don't think that more and more people are thinking the way you do they don't, you probably turn more people against your way of thinking more than you realise.

At least your posts are entering and do make me genuinely laugh. Praise to the mighty spaghetti monster in the sky that you people and your way of thinking will never come to power as thankfully you are in the minority. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

xD

You twist and turn like a twisty turny thing. Are you taking about cultures or countries? You link facts to countries, then talk about cultures! It's not like we need to read between the lines and your being subtle about what you say. Just because you haven't actually said you hate xxx foreigners doesn't make anyone reading your posts think that you aren't a racist, ok maybe a couple do but then they think the same way you do.

You have too much hate for people that one, you don't know and two, have done nothing to offend you, that is fairly sad mate. Please don't think that more and more people are thinking the way you do they don't, you probably turn more people against your way of thinking more than you realise.

At least your posts are entering and do make me genuinely laugh. Praise to the mighty spaghetti monster in the sky that you people and your way of thinking will never come to power as thankfully you are in the minority. 

Much as I'm loathe to break up you love birds....

5 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Are you taking about cultures or countries?

I think you're right to question this.  But, I'd enter into the debate with, I'm not sure country or culture is the causal influence on systemic corruption...

I'd propose that it might actually be an effect of poverty - those with little (or nothing) have a different perspective on "right and wrong" where the outcome of a so-called moral decision might be the difference between life and death - often the key element of the decision making process in the 3rd world.  I genuinely think anyone would struggle to condemn a thief for stealing bread to feed their child.

If we can take that as a starting point, that would be a start.

Where it falls over however, is (a) where a country has either organic or imported 'wealth'  ('aid') and the ruling classes retain it at the expense of the population - why would they do that? or (b) having achieved a level of national wealth, it isn't distributed effectively by the ruling classes so the majority remain in poverty - probably because of the inherent, systemic corruption and greed that is ingrained from generation to generation... 

The ruling classes are doing OK (but they've gone from generation to generation experiencing the different type of morality before they got to the stage of being OK.)  The general population are still in the moral dilemma of life and death decisions trying to get to the 'we're doing alright' situation.....'

If you don't think the cultural norm in Africa, Asia, S America is corruption, nepotism and self interest then, frankly, (a) you're delusional (b) you've never been there!  

"...Please don't think that more and more people are thinking the way you do they don't..."

Howabout we wait until tomorrow and review the AfD polling then come back and review that? 

• Like 1

Im not an idiot, I know there is corruption in each of those countries, I have already stated that. What that has to do with the people living there and possibly immigrating to here I dont know. Its usually the governments that are corrupt and they dont usually try to emigrate as far as im aware  of so why combine the two?

I know nothing of the afd polling, is it a poll asking if you hate anyone that isnt British?

ATM the are two groups of scared, paranoid and hating people, racists and religious non muslims. 

Sorry, I didnt realise I had to know everything and keep up to date with the latest sh1te to not be stupid.

There is a cake baking competition going on in my village atm, who do you think will win?

I dont think that who wins the vote in Germany has anything to do with up rise in the racist community in the UK but please correct me if im wrong.

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

xD

Well I'd say that certain countries have certain cultures....

We all know that terrorist attacks are going to continue in Europe and the authorities seem unable to name the problem never mind solve it. Like it or not Europeans are going to start voting for hard right politicians. 

44 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Im not an idiot, I know there is corruption in each of those countries, I have already stated that. What that has to do with the people living there and possibly immigrating to here I dont know. Its usually the governments that are corrupt and they dont usually try to emigrate as far as im aware  of so why combine the two?

You were saying you hadn't been to the Third World? So how do you know it's only the Governments that are corrupt?

I have been to the Third World and I can vouch that corruption is widespread is all walks of life and at all levels. But thanks for sharing your uniformed opinions ;) 

Honestly, for someone to start telling everyone what corruption is like in the Third World while he has never been to the Third World is strange. 

9 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Sorry, I didnt realise I had to know everything and keep up to date with the latest sh1te to not be stupid.

That's not what I meant....  

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

Please don't think that more and more people are thinking the way you do

All I meant was, given the unprecedented popular rise in support for AfD (could read, Le Pen, Trump, Brexit etc...) your statement seems tenuous at best...

14 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

There is a cake baking competition going on in my village atm, who do you think will win?

The best cake!

14 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I dont think that who wins the vote in Germany has anything to do with up rise in the racist community in the UK but please correct me if im wrong.

You can't be wrong because it's your opinion.  I can, and do, disagree though.  The popular support for AfD in Germany is very closely associated (almost exclusively) with an anti - immigration protest vote - how does that have anything to do with UK?  I'd suggest it kind of mirrors the UK protest vote which was reflected in the UK EU referendum.  

• Like 1

You were saying you hadn't been to the Third World? So how do you know it's only the Governments that are corrupt?

I have been to the Third World and I can vouch that corruption is widespread is all walks of life and at all levels. But thanks for sharing your uniformed opinions [emoji6] 

Honestly, for someone to start telling everyone what corruption is like in the Third World while he has never been to the Third World is strange. 

Wtf? You've been to the whole of the third world, I'm impressed you managed to make it everywhere and and have formed a really well rounded opinion. What an informed opinion you have.

Do you not see the irony in what you just said?

We are more than an island. I've been to a small part of what you call the third world. I had a great time. I was welcomed by people I had never met Into their homes to share food and stay the night. People who were not rich and would not have got a visa to even visit the UK.

I am amazed you had such a poor time surveying corruption on your quest to meet the other inhabitants of our planet. Why do you hate foreign culture so much? What has happened to you?
  • Like 2