Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

when you design a new road it's normal to have three or four possible routes. what do you think would happen if you told landowners "sorry old chap, you cant build there as we might need that field for a new road"?

the landowners will say "fair enough me old mucker, give me £5m compensation".

The route for this part of HS2 was decided before these houses were built.

You don't need to tell me about road planning/building, I've done my fair share over the years. Including putting right what so called engineers have messed up to start with.

Eggs, I was a trifle tongue in cheek, but assuming the occupants of the to be demolished houses are rightfully reasonably generously compensated, and them being new builds, actually makes this easier and less stressful as the occupants have not had time to form a bond or rear families in these houses.

And as with our new A26 dualling scheme, there will always be winners and losers, some folks got a whack of now abandoned roadway & "lands" dammn all good to anybody else, to enhance their properties, with the new road furthur away, others, unfortunately dammned near got their nebs cut off, though hopefully offered substantial compo, or a buy-out offer.

Some of the too be demolished houses were bought up over the past 20 odd years as they came on the open market, and have lain empty since.

Such is progress "for the greater good"

Nurses get fined for not paying parking fees at hospital they work in . One nurse went over her shift because patient went into cardiac arrest so she stayed on past her shift to help bring him back . Got fined for over staying her parking ticket . Appealed , lost the appeal and got fined again on top . Not NHS but private firm running the parking . Its just wrong .

No one think this is wrong ?

Of course it's wrong, how can they afford cars!

Meanwhile Gary Lineker earns north of 1.75mil a year for presenting a football show.

Your money BTW.

Can hardly contain my outrage / contempt!

Strangest thing, (very nearly) without exception, the list of highest earners, the best of the best, are the ones that cause me to IMMEDIATELY change channel / switch off.