Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6'3" and a perfectly reasonable human being in real life, only ever acted the hard man in self defence or when outnumbered...like we all do from time to time.

Cheers Andy. Good to know you.

I'll genuinely go back now and read your previous posts on the global oil situation with interest and without any skepticism - having learned you operate at the sharp end of the industry for a major player.

Couple of inches on me. Same boat though, never feel the need to throw my weight around these days. Did all that in my teens and I got away lightly. Many of my work buddies are banned from travel to the US for work because of assault charges etc. I'm just glad my stupidest mistake was when I was when I was 16 and does not count.

Thanks for the second part. :) not sure why things got so outta hand, all I really wanted to convey was what's happening in the real world in the Oil game as far as I see it.

I'm not sure of your stance on independence? As a lowlander I'll guess remain? I could well be wrong though? I was full on leave before but the SNPs stance on the EU has made me re-think. Now Sturgeon has as good as dropped Indy2. If we do ever actually achieve independence and Trident is moved away from the Clyde I honestly believe the second Scottish Oil Boom will be your way. When the North Sea kicked off it was a toss up If Aberdeen or Dundee would be the base city. It's crazy how the fates of two areas changed so much based on the final choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk