Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

I worked in Brussels in 91 for the European Commission in the run up to EU. The EU started as a union on 1st January 1993.

Even back then it was a gravy train for the euro middle classes.

I worked for DG5, working conditions and labour law.

Social charter stuff.

Minimum working wage, max working hours, etc.

Now we have "brexit",

We will have no human rights, no working rights and will soon be back on £3 an hour. " so we can have our country back".

Most people sadly haven't got a clue as to the workings of the British government/Whitehall and their complicity with big business, let alone the complexity of a multinational union and the myriad of variables involved.

And I'm really trying not to mention American involvement with european politics in the 20th century.

You actually believe Brussels is in charge!

Go read history.

It's really, really scary.

Just my tuppence.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

:lol:

What utter cobblers!!!:001_rolleyes:

Sure the maximum hours is an EU thing, which can be got round and has caused more hassle than good.

But minimum wage is nothing to do with them.

We are far ahead of most EU countries when it comes to human right and always have been.

The guff the remoaners come out with is simply laughable :lol:

Well, again, FFS!,

Anyone with an owt(with a nod to the sagacious Yorkshire types) o (un)common sense knew that a weaker pound would help exports, and indeed perhaps help to persuade Brits to spend the holidays nearer home, which would also boost the local economies.

And import less from abroad, that can be more locally sourced.

And yes, thanks Matelot,

indeed the Magna Carta predated the EC/EU by a fair wheen o years.

Grow a set o balls and stand on your own 2 feet, AND answer for your own shortcomings instead of hiding behind/among the greater masses.

P.S.

This post was brought to you courtsey of;

(i) Southwold Jack

(ii) Old Peculier

beers which can hold their own again owt the rest of the world can offer.

hic-the-hat

Edited by difflock

All the information was there for you before and during the referendum, including on here of all places. You just didn't like the source/person quoting the information - "we've all had enough of experts" - M. Gove

52 to 48 percent means lots of people did the research. Le jeu de faute (the blame game) has commenced so it would seem!

Ok. Can you tell me what's going to happen when we leave?, I'd think you would do well considering neither of the Two main Political Parties don't know what's going to happen. They are changing their minds more than their knickers.

We were fed nonsense from both camps, that we had to try and decipher for ourselves.

Edited by eggsarascal

Which is fine when you are (In the know).

The rest of us can only go by what we read, listen to, and watch when it comes to voting.

Maybe, just maybe, if we weren't treated like Mushrooms the Referendum result might have been different.

There is a reason we are treated like mushrooms! If I was on that payroll I'd spout sh!t too!

Ok. Can you tell me what's going to happen when we leave?, I'd think you would do well considering neither of the Two main Political Parties don't know what's going to happen. They are changing their minds more than their knickers.

We were fed nonsense from both camps, that we had to try and decipher for ourselves.

Can you tell us what's going to happen if we stay?

No, of course I can't. That said I didn't claim all the information was out there to make a well informed decision on the way we voted.

So, we went with what information we could glean.

Fair enough but that's the same for 100% of our population in the UK surely?!

Personally agree with skyhuck same and worse.

Leave may also be worse but we'd never know if we didn't try ....

It could ultimately be better😱 shudder at that thought!

One typical example of where we will be after Brexit. My mother has mostly lived in Spain for the last 20 years.

In the Uk supermarkets we have Spanish onions, tomatoes, oranges bacon, chorizo etc etc etc.

In Spanish supermarkets cathedral city cheese and PG tips. That's it

So after Brexit where will we be we will be exactly in the same place. Sorry that's not correct we may have a few more fish in the sea