Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

locked up for rioting, locked up for typing online hate, locked up for thinking the wrong thoughts,

there is seemingly nothing to be done, except what Elon Musk predicts - a civil war, now that sounds nasty and could result in serious injury. 

Maybe enough subtle online typing can create a massive change in public opinion, so that the government has to get tough.

Edited by tree-fancier123

50 minutes ago, woodlover2 said:
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A charity says it wants to help families struggling with toilet training ahead of September.

We are doomed , wtf is going on in this country...25% of all parents are now too lazy to do the basics of parenting...I would have put a 1 in 10 figure on it but this is shocking. 

I think it's the realisation of the theory that modern western society creates an environment where each generation becomes more stupid and incapable.

People that are capable and able to afford to raise children well tend to make conscious decisions to wait until they're settled in a stable relationship, with a stable home and career before having one or two children which they then parent well. The other end of the spectrum is the feckless people that have little ability to look after themselves let alone children, who mindlessly birth one after another safe in the knowledge that society is there to absolve them of their decisions.

I've spoken to people who don't seem to live in reality at all. Brand new house, air source heating, two cars and a motorbike with 5 young kids. I said I didn't know how he could afford it having one minimum wage income for seven people and the answer was kids are really cheap to have!

Flip side of course, the kids great granny mostly looks after half of them because the twenty something girlfriend that's never had a job can't cope.

Quelle surprise.

• Like 4

I am being thick, or is the solution to immigration not pretty simple?

If you enter illegally you will be deported instantly.

Genuine asylum seekers, and immigrants who want to work will go through the system and be welcomed.

Is that too ridiculous?

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Genuine asylum seekers, and immigrants who want to work will go through the system and be welcomed.

Is that too ridiculous?

100% 🙏
I genuinely think a handful of bus  trips from Dover to the airport and straight onto the processing centre in Rwanda would have put the message out loud and clear, it would have clattered the boat crossing trade big time. Unfortunately many including the current government absolutely fought tooth and nail to stop it. And here we are 5000 illegals since the election  that we know of. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

It’s obvious to me Dave, and to literally every single other person I know.

And, like you, I have a diverse mix of racial and religious mates.

Why can’t we just crack on and do the obvious thing?

Because of woke people with loud accusations of racism towards anyone who thinks this way sadly. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

From what I've heard, or how I understand it (which might be misguided), you legally can't deport anyone without proving where they originated, so if they ditch all their ID and don't admit to where they come from in interview where can they be deported to.

Genuine ones that come through accepted channels either apply in their country of origin or are housed here without being able to work or integrate until the decision process is completed, a process which is woefully inadequate and takes an eternity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Is that too ridiculous?

That.

28 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

From what I've heard, or how I understand it (which might be misguided), you legally can't deport anyone without proving where they originated, so if they ditch all their ID and don't admit to where they come from in interview where can they be deported to.

Genuine ones that come through accepted channels either apply in their country of origin or are housed here without being able to work or integrate until the decision process is completed, a process which is woefully inadequate and takes an eternity.

And unfortunately that.

I watched an interview were Starmer basically said what Mr Bolam said, send them back, and I agree 100%. If they won't say where they came from then surely it's jail time breaking rocks for an eternity. Or sweeping the streets since that job seems to have disappeared and I think it needs bringing back. 

• Confused 1

You need an arrangement with the country you're sending people to. Can't legally just dump them in Calais. Labour are trying to make such an arrangement with the French. That would deter boat crossings imo. Coupled with a safe route option for people with a genuine reason to come to the UK. Such an option doesn't exist currently, hence the lure of the boats.