Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Maybe we need an 'Immigration' thread for those who get overly excited by this. Going around in circles again and again.

Go back a few weeks, I am sure I posted all the numbers which show what you say is a very biased -Daily Mail- view of immigration where the actual figure (if you care to look) show a different picture.

Anyway, I did that to death here a short while ago - go back and read that, or maybe start a new thread and knock yourself out with the view of the world according to Nigel Farage and the Daily Mail.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Maybe we need an 'Immigration' thread for those who get overly excited by this. Going around in circles again and again.

Go back a few weeks, I am sure I posted all the numbers which show what you say is a very biased -Daily Mail- view of immigration where the actual figure (if you care to look) show a different picture.

Anyway, I did that to death here a short while ago - go back and read that, or maybe start a new thread and knock yourself out with the view of the world according to Nigel Farage and the Daily Mail.

I’m sure it has been rinsed. I don’t often come in here but dipped my toe in this morning and couldn’t let ‘pleasant’s comment slide. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but that sort of rhetoric is totally unacceptable. I’m really disappointed that the mods, who are active in this thread, let it slide tbh. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Think you need to get out more if you havent heard of that phrase. See....this is the issue. Anyone with a less than sympathetic side to the issue of immigration is immediately labelled a 'racist' exactly what you have done. I havent said braverman wasnt right wing, but the msm constantly refer to anyone with an opposing view to the one they wish to peddle as 'extreme' right wing. I thought i had made that clear in my post but obviously no. I am no right wing extremist, but i agree with a lot of what braverman was trying to do. I certainly dont consider setting up the rwanda option as a waste of £120m, when this country has been spending nearly £7m PER DAY on housing and supporting these migrants, of which very few are genuine migrants fleeing from war and persecution, and it is recognised the majority are economic migrants. Its is worth noting that yesterday since the threat of going to rwanda has been announced migrants coming across the channel have dropped by 17% although numbers are up year on year, despite having travelled through various safe countries before arriving here. The other countries that simply pass these people on to the uk to deal with should share a percentage of these costs.....or deal with them like the uk is having to. Maybe the uk politicians should grow a pair, however when they try to like braverman they are silenced and moved on for fear of losing votes, when in reality it would most likely do the opposite. 

A less than sympathetic view is passable, but when you say that they’re going to take over, implying some sort of existential threat to Britain then yes, I believe that’s racist.
I never said you were a right wing extremist, I still wouldn’t, but I would happily say you were an utter dipshit. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pleasant said:

Being fired from your previous job also affected how much dole you would receive as well. 

The welfare state and people living longer are causing this unsustainable tax burden in this country 

Never having been on the dole and always self employed since 1974 I was under the impression you did get dole if you were sacked but not if you resigned?

Having lived through nearly all of the "welfare state's" existence I still believe it was a wholly good thing born out of a period when the people of a united kingdom decided that co-operation had got them through desperate times. There was nothing unsustainable about it until the super rich were able to pull away from the middle and working classes and essentially avoid and evade personal income taxes.

PS I think deportation to Rwanda was unacceptable but I agree the nations the immigrants passed through should have some of the responsibility for stopping them and pre processing their true status.

1 hour ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I’m really disappointed that the mods, who are active in this thread, let it slide tbh. 

To be fair to the Mods here they let the conversation take it's course - if someone is being particularly obnoxious they'll react but different opinions are generally OK as is 'banter' or subtle name calling. Much the same if we were in the pub, the bar staff wouldn't throw you out for name calling.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

PS I think deportation to Rwanda was unacceptable but I agree the nations the immigrants passed through should have some of the responsibility for stopping them and pre processing their true status.

That would mean we have to cooperate and talk to the French and Belgians, don't forget that we don't like them now since Brexit.

17 hours ago, pleasant said:

Hmmm....

1. Calls for the mods to remove my post which is a differing opinion to yours

And....

2. Reverts to chlidish name calling. 

Reverting to type.

Well done 

Your post was saying we were going to be taken over by Muslims, it contained slurs. It’s bit further than a differing opinion. Can you genuinely not see the difference? 

It was intended as more descriptive than offensive. I apologise if I hurt your feelings. 

16 hours ago, Steven P said:

To be fair to the Mods here they let the conversation take it's course - if someone is being particularly obnoxious they'll react but different opinions are generally OK as is 'banter' or subtle name calling. Much the same if we were in the pub, the bar staff wouldn't throw you out for name calling.

Sure, but we aren’t in a pub. And if I was in a pub and someone was chatting like that I wouldn’t expect it to slide. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Your post was saying we were going to be taken over by Muslims, it contained slurs. It’s bit further than a differing opinion. Can you genuinely not see the difference? 

It was intended as more descriptive than offensive. I apologise if I hurt your feelings. 

Sure, but we aren’t in a pub. And if I was in a pub and someone was chatting like that I wouldn’t expect it to slide. 

Wow. This is the dream of Albert Pike. When you are dreaming, as you are, it means you're asleep. Time you b woke up 

• Like 3