Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

no it never does suprise me neither, but page after page of vociferous counter-arguement to what ever anyone posts, does cover up the lack of positive tree-based postings on a Forestry and Arb website. And a racing cert we will get volumes more - ad infinitum.  K

it is in the lounge - I myself have never posted anything on here that would be suitable for inclusion in the Journal of Forestry, Essential Arb, Arboricultural Journal etc.

those wishing to discriminate the relevant information will not spend too long having a cosy up cuddle over the airwaves anyway

Pages: 212-225
Published online: 13 Nov 2019

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Youngstu said:

So, to those who have expressed such horror at these protests: if the protests had remained entirely peaceful, without any violence and disorder, resulting in injuries or vandalism ( which unfortunately were inevitable when the reason for the protests causes such strong feelings in many!) Would you have supported the cause?  If not, why not.

No, I certainly do no support their cause here in the UK. Im not even sure I'd support it in the US either. Its a cause lead by racists and Black Supremacists and supported by White Apologists. I have no issues with them protesting peacefully and legally though. But even when asked to respect social distancing they refused to do so and resorted to violence and destruction their faces twisted with rage and hate and screaming into the police face. 

Like Dave I work with people of all colours, my brother.in-law is black.We all get along just fine. These protesters are full of hate and do not want solutions they want to vent their hate and anger and they are supported by delusional hand wringers. 

I disagree with all your other points. 

Terry Crews latest tweets sums it up for me, but of course he's being attacked for his valid POV by black racists. 

29346124-0-image-a-99_1591588255292.jpg

29347238-8397767-Black_He_also_called_out_those_criticizing_him_stating_Any_Black-a-19_1591589668870.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

So, to those who have expressed such horror at these protests: if the protests had remained entirely peaceful, without any violence and disorder, resulting in injuries or vandalism ( which unfortunately were inevitable when the reason for the protests causes such strong feelings in many!) Would you have supported the cause?  If not, why not.

Do you not believe that racism is a problem in this country? If that's the case are those involved making it up?

Do we as a country not need to recognise the wrongs that have been committed by our countrymen in the past and do something to right those wrongs? 

I don't believe that the writing from a doctor said anything about the virus being racist, it just stated well known facts about how if affects BAME people disproportionately.

If you can address these points without referring to those as "disgusting", "animals" or "scum" that'd be great as those terms in this context wouldn't be out of place in the 1960s, or even 1860s.

On a couple of other points:

Something being worse elsewhere doesn't make it ok here and maybe as a country that has been "developed" for longer than many we should lead by example in improving conditions and treatment of members of our society.

It is possible to be proud of your country and patriotic whilst criticising what has happened in the past or is happening still.

The use of the term "All lives matter" is completely ridiculous and inappropriate, there are plenty of statements, videos and cartoons explaining why. 

"Coloured on coloured" demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge of what terms are considered completely unacceptable at this time due to their association with a more racist past, segregation etc. And I agree that the caste system is extremely unfair, should be dismantled, but is this racism and as I said before saying that is worse doesn't make our problems ok. 

Progress was made with the abolition of the slave trade, outlawing slavery in the USA and the colonies, civil rights changes in the 60s, banning of racial discrimination, making racism a crime etc but all is not ok and our society is not fair for everyone, particularly people of colour. 

I don’t think any right minded person is opposed to peaceful protest. It’s the hundreds(thousands?) of idiots that give them all a bad name.

yes there probably is racist behaviour in this country (though I can’t say I’ve ever seen it living in the countryside, the few black people around here seem to be treated well)

I don’t see it’s any good trying to apologise for the past as it’s nothing to do with anyone alive today!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Do you not believe that racism is a problem in this country? If that's the case are those involved making it up?

Do we as a country not need to recognise the wrongs that have been committed by our countrymen in the past and do something to right those wrongs? 

I don't believe that the writing from a doctor said anything about the virus being racist, it just stated well known facts about how if affects BAME people disproportionately.

If you can address these points without referring to those as "disgusting", "animals" or "scum" that'd be great as those terms in this context wouldn't be out of place in the 1960s, or even 1860s.

On a couple of other points:

Something being worse elsewhere doesn't make it ok here and maybe as a country that has been "developed" for longer than many we should lead by example in improving conditions and treatment of members of our society.

It is possible to be proud of your country and patriotic whilst criticising what has happened in the past or is happening still.

The use of the term "All lives matter" is completely ridiculous and inappropriate, there are plenty of statements, videos and cartoons explaining why. 

"Coloured on coloured" demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge of what terms are considered completely unacceptable at this time due to their association with a more racist past, segregation etc. And I agree that the caste system is extremely unfair, should be dismantled, but is this racism and as I said before saying that is worse doesn't make our problems ok. 

Progress was made with the abolition of the slave trade, outlawing slavery in the USA and the colonies, civil rights changes in the 60s, banning of racial discrimination, making racism a crime etc but all is not ok and our society is not fair for everyone, particularly people of colour. 

Most of this is utter rubbish quite frankly. One thing  I will say is I will not ever be apologising for what has happened in the past. That is no different to the pathetic collective guilt that was heaped upon the generations of Germans that came after WW2. Im pretty sure quite a few feeble pc politicians have already been driven to apologising for the actions of previous generations . 

Presuming to school people on what teams are acceptable is the same utter stupidity that has resulted in the renaming of black boards or man hole covers etc etc. Do you really genuinely think this country is that bad it justifies the behaviour we have witnessed over the past weeks. 
yes the cops involved were wrong and the justice system will deal with them accordingly. You are totally and utterly wrong in as much as you deride the All lives matter comment. There are segments of the working class white communities all over this country that suffer just as much deprivation as the Coloured ( Sorry if this is a non PC term) youth in any particular area but do not resort to rioting or the behaviour you saw in the media. Not sure what race you are but if you are white and want to apologise for something that you as an individual had no responsibility for feel free. 

• Like 3