Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Toad said:

Are you complaining about people working in a foreign country, while you are working in a foreign country?

I can see why you would think that hypocritical, and maybe in part it is. 

In no way, shape or form am I complaining about foreign skilled workers filling a role that is needed in the UK, be it a Doctor, A Civil Engineer or a Driller on an Oil Rig. Its why Im in Norway after all. :)  I am against the systematic and cynical removal of entire British work forces and the replacement of them with far cheaper foreign labour.  This is not just an issue for Aberdeen but the UK. Most of the Scaffs are/where Smoggies, they are  losing their jobs to Polish etc inn vast swathes. 

I was specifically requested to move to Norway to fill a role that could not at the time be filled with a local. I was brought in at a Supervisory level but also to train the Norgies at what I do. One of the great things about Norway, at least in the heavily unionized Oil Service Industry is they cant pay foreigners less than Norwegians or offer them less benefits making it less appealing to bring people over to fill roles. As of now Im the only Scottish commuter in my department. Im also the highest paid. ;) 

So although it may seem hypocritical to want whats best for the British workforce, especially in times like this, in my mind at least, its not. :) 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Id not worry about that. :D With the current known reserves of 1.5 trillion barrels of recoverable oil remaining we have almost 50 years of Oil left at today's increasing consumption. 

Merknad 2020-04-11 164510.png

I sincerely hope Greta et al take control of the agenda - if we burn all that lot on leisure travel it could be even worse than evil. People need to learn to enjoy themselves where they are.

Edited by tree-fancier123
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

I sincerely hope Greta et al take control of the agenda - if we burn all that lot on leisure travel it could be even worse than evil. People need to learn to enjoy themselves where they are.

You're gonna love me flying out to Japan for a Cruise in August then. :D As much as I love Scotland I really have no intentions of not seeing the world more. 

But I agree, we do need to limit our consumption somewhat, not just on travel but on all oil based products. Almost every single thing we buy is either plastic or wrapped in it. The issue is Greta is just a pawn for other peoples less than altruistic agendas. 

22 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You're gonna love me flying out to Japan for a Cruise in August then. :D As much as I love Scotland I really have no intentions of not seeing the world more. 

But I agree, we do need to limit our consumption somewhat, not just on travel but on all oil based products. Almost every single thing we buy is either plastic or wrapped in it. The issue is Greta is just a pawn for other peoples less than altruistic agendas. 

What with your travel indulgence and the aussies digging a new coal mine size of Uk -ecosytsem is going to take a hammering

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

What with your travel indulgence and the aussies digging a new coal mine size of Uk -ecosytsem is going to take a hammering

Yes, my travel indulgence trumps what China and all the other 3rd world hell holes are doing to our planet. :D 

Dont worry, I'll plant a tree and off-set my carbon footprint. :D:D:D 

8 hours ago, Woodworks said:

Is it? Sorry for the guys losing their jobs but its great that we are finally getting less dependant on oil and moving to renewables in a big way. 

Cheers 

I’ll pass your condolences on to guys I know in that situation. Pretty dumb arse statement quite frankly. 

• Like 1